OTTAWA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Standard Innovation Corporation, the company behind the We-Vibe – the fastest-selling sexual health product of its type in history, announced a charitable campaign to combat global warming this Earth Day, April 22, 2011.
The company will donate $5 to Carbonfund.org for every new person who follows @Ms_WeVibe on Twitter or likes the We-Vibe Facebook page between now and April 22 to report that eco-friendly sex is important to them. “It's our way of offsetting the carbon generated from all that extra heavy breathing – and then some,” jokes Danny Osadca, We-Vibe company CEO. “We have always been a carbon-neutral provider of body-safe and eco-friendly products and this is an extra tip of our hat to Mother Nature.”
What Exactly is Greener Sex Anyway?
Here are five tips on how to be eco-sexier:
1. Surprise your partner with an environmentally-friendly intimate gift. Look for rechargeable sexual wellbeing products that are made of body-safe and eco-friendly materials, and comply with the world's most stringent standards, including RoHS, WEEE, and REACH.
2. Rub down with homemade eco-massage oil. Check out Stefanie Iris Weiss’ critically acclaimed enviro-sexual bible, Eco Sex, to find recipes to brew up homemade oils from natural materials.
3. Read the labels and do your homework, says Certified Sex Educator Lou Paget. It's your body not a manufacturer's test site; know the source and composition of anything you are using on or in your body.
4. Good clean oxygen is at the heart of sexual arousal and the better you breathe, the better your sex life, according to sex therapist and best-selling author Ian Kerner. Put an air-purifier in your bedroom. Many people suffer from allergies which really impairs their libido and interest in sex. A good air purifier will remove dust and other allergens and increase air-flow.
5. Find someone who is as passionate about the environment as they are about getting it on. Eco-friendly dating sites, like Ecodater.com and Greensingles.com, are a great way to meet your eco-warrior partner.
How to Show Your Support
Share your ideas for “greening up the bedroom” on the We-Vibe Blog and we’ll send you a free We-Vibe product if your suggestion is selected for our next list.
The perfect eco-sexy gift, the We-Vibe II can be worn while making love and is the fastest-selling sexual wellness product of its type in history. We-Vibe products are distributed by drug stores and fine boutiques in over 50 countries and used by over a million people worldwide to add more intimacy and fun to their loving relationships. We-Vibe manufacturing and distribution are carbon-neutral and all We-Vibe products are body-safe and eco-friendly. They are crafted to exceed the most stringent health and environmental standards, including RoHS, WEEE, and REACH. For more information, visit www.we-vibe.com.
Carbonfund.org is the leading non-profit carbon reduction and climate solutions organization, making it easy and affordable for individuals, businesses and organizations to reduce their climate impact by supporting third-party validated renewable energy, energy efficiency and reforestation projects. Carbonfund.org has over 600,000 individual supporters and over 1,800 business and non-profit partners including Discovery, Motorola, Amtrak, Dell, JetBlue, Virgin America and Staples. Visit www.Carbonfund.org.
About Earth Day and Earth Day Network (EDN)
Growing out of the first Earth Day, Earth Day Network (EDN) works with over 22,000 partners in 192 countries to broaden, diversify and mobilize the environmental movement. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world.