EMERYVILLE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cartridge World, the world leader in printer cartridge refilling, provides a simple green solution for businesses who want to save money. As easy as changing a light bulb, reusing printer cartridges helps reduce waste in landfills while it also saves money. On Earth Day, April 22, 2011, when people everywhere are considering what they can do to protect the environment, Cartridge World offers a simple, quality solution than can have a significant impact.
“Each year, more than 350 million cartridges are discarded into our country’s landfills,” says Tom Fricke, Cartridge World’s chief executive officer. “Earth Day is the perfect time to remind everybody that there is a better way to replace your ink and toner. Most printer cartridges can be refilled or remanufactured. Using Cartridge World products for ink and toner replacement not only helps the environment, but it can be substantially more affordable when compared to the cost of buying a new cartridge.”
Consider these cartridge-related facts:
- The number of cartridges discarded in North American landfills each year increases by 12 percent annually
- An average of 8 cartridges per second are thrown away in the United States.
- It takes about a gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
- A laser cartridge thrown into landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some components made of industrial grade plastics will take over a thousand years to decompose.
- Every remanufactured laser cartridge saves nearly 2.5 pounds of metal and plastic waste from being deposited in landfills.
- 70 percent of used printer cartridges throughout the world are currently being thrown out.
- In one year, if the world’s discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end; they would circle the earth over three times.
Businesses can do their part to save the planet without risking quality, because Cartridge World products are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. “Our quality guarantee means our customers are able to feel good about doing their part for the environment and they can do it conveniently,” says Fricke, “because most of our stores offer free pick-up and delivery. Cartridge World is committed to providing value, quality, and convenience.”
Go Green, Win Green with Cartridge World on Earth Day
Beginning April 1, Cartridge World launches a $10,000 cash giveaway incenting consumers to share how they have gone green in their home or office; participants can enter at www.cartridgeworld.com/green. In an effort to increase environmental awareness Cartridge World will share the top ten greenest ideas submitted by participants on their Facebook fan page www.facebook.com/cartridgeworldnorthamerica.
“We are excited about the ‘Go Green, Win Green’ contest,” says Fricke. “It encourages consumers and businesses to get involved on Earth Day and to demonstrate how easy it can be to be environmentally responsible. By using Cartridge World products, consumers can do their part not just on Earth Day, but every day.”
ABOUT CARTRIDGE WORLD
Cartridge World is the leading resource for businesses and consumers who want to save money on their printer cartridges. Cartridge World uses state-of-the-art processes and high quality inks and toners, in addition to offering personalized service and a 100% product guarantee. Cartridge World offers consumers and businesses a more affordable option to buying new, provides a 100 percent satisfaction money-back guarantee and helps the environment by keeping cartridges out of landfills. Voted #1 in the category of toner replacement services by Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500 for 2010, Cartridge World has over 650 Cartridge World stores in North America. For more information call (888) 99-REFILL or visit www.cartridgeworld.com
MEDIA PLEASE NOTE:
Interviews opportunities available with:
- Tom Fricke, Chief Executive Officer, Cartridge World
- Frank Case, Senior Vice President, North America, Cartridge World
- High-resolution images available. To request high-res product images, please contact Jordana Frishman at email@example.com or Rob Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6650019&lang=en