FORT MYERS, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Fort Myers Regional Partnership, Lee County’s Economic Development Office, announced today that the county and State of Florida have approved additional financial incentives for Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) to support its expansion in Fort Myers, Florida.
The approval of this project is in addition to the original incentives awarded in April 2009 with the creation of an additional 200 net new jobs in the professional, scientific, and technical industry. The enhanced overall value-added economic impact for Lee County is $181.9M for a six-year period. Gartner currently employs 350 in Fort Myers and will be expanding into a new 120,000 sq. ft. build-to-suit facility being constructed by McGarvey Development Company in Gateway.
As part of the project, Gartner will receive $500,000 from the Quick Action Closing Fund from the State of Florida. Gartner will also receive a Qualified Tax Incentive (QTI) from the State of Florida and Lee County worth $1,200,000. Of the $1.2M, QTI incentives, $960,000 or 80 percent comes from the State and the remaining 20 percent, or $240,000, match comes from the Lee County incentive program.
“This enhanced economic impact and growth by Gartner also provides the conditional approval of $1M in FIRST incentives with the creation of what is now 400 new jobs,” stated Jim Moore, executive director of the Fort Myers Regional Partnership, Lee County’s Economic Development Office. “Gartner is an integral part of our business community and we support their commitment and thought leadership in the information technology arena. That directly impacts our residents, as well as their worldwide customer base.”
“Gartner is honored to have Lee County and the State of Florida as our strategic partners, sharing in our vision for economic growth and expansion. We look forward to adding new talent to our existing workforce in the local area,” said Gartner spokesman Lew Schwartz.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to 60,000 clients in 11,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, Gartner works with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,400 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com.
About Fort Myers Regional Partnership
The Fort Myers Regional Partnership works to attract new and diversified businesses resulting in high-wage, high-skilled jobs; retains and encourages the expansion of existing businesses and improves the overall business environment. Lee County is a thriving business community with a highly regarded airport, significant corporate development and ample real estate opportunities. The area is attracting, retaining and growing high-value businesses with a unique blend of an outstanding business climate and superior quality of life. The county is home to five vibrant cities - Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Fort Myers Beach, and Sanibel - and is the heart of Southwest Florida.
The Partnership continues to promote and build the region through ongoing efforts from its proactive team of domestic and international recruiters, research staff and community liaisons, as well as through its partnerships with the Horizon Foundation, the Horizon Council and the Lee County Industrial Development Authority. The county is also actively promoting its incentive programs including the Lee County Job Opportunity Program and the FIRST Initiative program which currently offers $25 Million in business location or expansion incentives.
For more information, visit www.25MillionReasons.com.