DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/06d7da/apple_ipad_2010_t) has announced the addition of the "Apple iPad: 2010 to 2014" report to their offering.
A New Dawn for Portable Computing, or a Step too Far?
- Worldwide & Regional Forecasts
- 112 Pages, 38 Figures and 27 Tables
- Impact on Related Markets
- iPad User Experience
- Market Positioning & Cannibalization
- Three Verbatim Executive Interviews
By 2014 Apples iPad business will be worth over $17 billion. By way of comparison, the worldwide smartphone market will be worth $ 65 billion by 2014 while the Portable PC market will be worth $195 billion. Worldwide shipments of Dedicated eReaders - products like Sony's eReader and the Amazon Kindle - will reach 7.2 million units in 2014, down from a high of 10.4 million units in 2012. Meanwhile, worldwide shipments of Media Tablets will soar from 7.1 million units in 2010 to over 64 million units in 2014.
This new 112-page market report explains why these changes will occur in eight fact-filled chapters:
- Report Highlights
- Executive Summary
- Background: Apple
- iPad Review
- Market Analysis
- Market Data and Forecasts
- Executive Interviews: AMD, Acer and Simon and Schuster
This 112-page market study explains not only how large Apples iPad business will become, and why, but also analyses how the iPad and its soon-to-arrive competitors will affect related computing markets, such as Desktop and Notebook PCs, Ultraportable and Ultrathin Notebook PCs, Netbooks, Dedicated e-Readers and Smartphones.
- You will derive the following benefits from this insightful report:
- Obtain access to worldwide forecasts from 2010 to 2014 for the iPad (unit shipments, average selling price and revenues);
- Obtain access to regional forecasts from 2010 to 2014 for shipments of Media Tablets;
- Compare these forecasts with equivalent worldwide forecasts for five important related markets: Desktop PCs, Notebook PCs, Netbooks, Dedicated eReaders and Smartphones;
- Benefit from an analysis of the how the arrival of the iPad, as well as a raft of competing Media Tablets, will trigger a number of cannibalization mechanisms in the portable computing market. Find out which markets are at risk, and which will be safe;
- Understand the true significance of Apples applications strategy and what impact this will have on the portable computing market;
- Understand the reasons why Apple has been able to increase revenues by over 570% in eight years and also learn how strongly positioned the company is in the Media Tablet market;
- Discover what Apples share of the Media Tablet market will be;
- Gain deep market insight by reading three verbatim transcripts of interviews with executives who are working at the coal face of the portable computing and publishing industries (AMD, Acer and Simon and Schuster);
- Quickly understand the iPads strengths and weaknesses by reading the User Experience section of the report which quickly provides you with what you need to know;
- Understand the proportion of portable computing use cases that can be served by the iPad and pinpoint those use cases that cannot be served by the iPad;
- Understand why the portable computing market is about to enter a new phase in its growth and learn about the profile of the two most important consumer segments in the portable computing in the coming years.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/06d7da/apple_ipad_2010_t