DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ab0fe2/satellite_communic) has announced the addition of the "Satellite Communications: An Essential Wholesale Infrastructure" report to their offering.
Satellite communications best suit mobile and fixed customers in remote areas where other communications infrastructure capacity is either too expensive or impractical to install. End-user markets include maritime, defense and military, fleet management and journalism. Satellites also support broadband communications and entertainment applications in developed and emerging countries.
Features and benefits
- Learn about the value-chain involved in providing satellite services to end users.
- Understand the importance of wholesale satellite service providers to the value chain.
- Gain insight into developments in the satellite communications industry.
- Ovum sees the satellite communications market as a strictly wholesale play.
- Satellite operators must work closely with a number of intermediaries who provide the broader service bundles that end-users require.
Your key questions answered
- What value do intermediaries bring to satellite communications?
- Which companies play in different parts of the satellite communications value chain?
Key Topics Covered:
- In a nutshell
- Ovum view
- Key messages
- Recommendations for players
DEMAND FOR SATELLITE SERVICES
- Customers want reliable global links to communications and information
SUPPLYING SATELLITE SERVICES
- Elements of the wholesale satellite ecosystem
- Satellite owners and operators
- - Satellite network elements
- - Avanti
- - Intelsat
- - Space Systems/Loral
- Intermediary service providers
- - Gilat Satellite Networks
- - Network Proximity
- - Optus Wholesale
- - SatCom Global
- - Vizada
- End-user customers
- Extending today's capabilities
- - European coverage
- - Libya
- - US coverage
- Planning tomorrow's connectivity
- - Australia
- - Global services
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ab0fe2/satellite_communic