LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sigma Corporation of America will make a splash at Wedding & Portrait Photography International (WPPI) this week, as the subsidiary kicks off its parent company’s year-long, 50th anniversary celebration with sponsored events and product giveaways.
Highlights of Sigma’s Corporation of America’s anniversary festivities at the MGM Grand Hotel convention and trade show in Las Vegas, NV, from Feb. 18 to 24 will include the company’s sponsorship of the WPPI University and Women in Contemporary Photography events. There will also be five chances for attendees to win a Sigma 50m F1.4 EX DG HSM prime lens at those events and throughout the show, and Sigma fans are invited to visit the trade show booth, #701, between 2 to 3 p.m. each day to answer the question “Why Do You Love Sigma?” to receive a free Sigma T-shirt.
“We view this anniversary celebration as both a tribute to what we’ve accomplished in the last five decades and as a fete of what’s to come in the years ahead,” said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. “More importantly, we view this notable milestone as an opportunity to thank our loyal customers and reward them for their dedication to the Sigma brand. At WPPI, and throughout the entire year, we will be offering an array of discounts, giveaways and chances to win to show our appreciation.”
Sigma Corporation of America’s anniversary celebrations and WPPI participation will include:
- Sigma’s Golden Ticket Giveaway: Stop by booth #701 to receive a free, commemorative deck of cards and a chance to win one of three Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM lenses in a mount (Sigma, Nikon, Canon, Sony or Pentax) of the winners’ choosing. Simply open up the deck of cards to see if you have won. Visit the Sigma booth before 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 23 to claim your prize and visit www.sigmaphoto.com/WPPI for official contest rules.
- WWPI event sponsorship: Sigma Corporation of America has sponsored the WPPI University and Women in Contemporary Photography events. The manufacturer will raffle off a 50mm F1.4 in a mount of the winners’ choosing at the University opening reception on Feb. 18 from 7 to 9 p.m., and will have a table at the Saturday event from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sigma will also raffle off a 50mm F1.4 lens at the Women in Contemporary Photography event on Tuesday, Feb. 22 from 7 to 9 p.m.; new Sigma pro and fashion photographer Lindsay Adler will be a member of that panel.
- “Why Do You Love Sigma?” video: Sigma will be asking consumers to swing by the trade show booth between 2 and 3 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to answer the question “Why Do You Love Sigma?” Participants’ answers will be recorded for use in an online video and those who share their sentiments will receive a free anniversary T-shirt.
- $50 for 50 coupons: Stop by the Sigma booth #701 to receive $50 coupon that can be redeemed at the show with Sigma’s participating dealers. See details on coupon for more information.
- Meet our Sigma Pros: Professional photographers Kevin Ames and Lindsay Adler will be speaking at WPPI. Adler will be speaking on the topic of her new book, “Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography” on Tuesday, Feb. 22 from 8 to 10 a.m., and again later that day as part of the Women in Contemporary Photography panel from 7 to 9 p.m. She will also sign images at the Sigma booth from 1 to 3 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 21 and from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Feb. 23. Ames will speak about “Lighting, Lenses and the Working Photographer,” on Wednesday, Feb. 23 from 8 to 10 a.m.
All anniversary giveaways are available while supplies last. Sigma Corporation of America will be located at booth #701 at WPPI 2011 at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, NV.