DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0c4d30/worldwide_social_n) has announced the addition of eMarketer's new report "Worldwide Social Network Ad Spending: 2011 Outlook" to their offering.
In social network advertising, all roads lead to Facebook. eMarketer forecasts that it will have $4 billion in ad revenues worldwide in 2011. Twitter is expected to attract $150 million in spending. In total, worldwide social network spending is expected to reach almost $6 billion this year.
In social network advertising, all roads lead to Facebook. eMarketer forecasts that marketers will spend $4 billion worldwide on Facebook in 2011, with $2.2 billion of that in the US. The company will receive 68% of all social network ad spending worldwide. In the US, it will garner 71% of social network spending and 7.7% of total US online ad spending.
Worldwide spending on social networks will reach almost $6 billion this year, amounting to $3.1 billion in the US and $2.9 billion in international markets.
Twitter is rapidly deploying its ad products in the US and will soon be selling ads internationally. In eMarketers first full forecast for the company, we expect Twitter to attract $150 million in advertising this year and $250 million in 2012. In a twist, ad spending on Twitter is forecast to surpass spending on Myspace in 2012, which is expected to see spending drop to $184 million worldwide this year and $156 million in 2012.
Finally, social games will start to make a dent in the market. Although advertising trails virtual goods as a revenue stream for social games, eMarketer still expects marketer expenditures of $274 million worldwide this year and $417 million in 2012.
- What factors are driving growth in US and worldwide social network ad spending?
- How much will advertisers spend on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and social games during the next two years?
- How is ad spending developing in international markets?
- Can anything stop Facebook?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Facebook Ad Revenues, 2009-2012 (billions)
- Key Questions
- The eMarketer View
- US Social Network Ad Spending
- Worldwide Social Network Ad Spending
- US Dominance Continues Until 2012
- Trends in Western Europe
- Trends in Russia and Asia-Pacific
- Trends in Latin America
- Social Network Advertising in the Marketing Mix
- Q&A: How are you advertising on social networks?
- Social Games
- Other Social Networks and Social Applications
- comScore Inc.
- Inside Facebook
- J.P. Morgan
- Meltwater Group
- Selig Center for Economic Growth
- SoftBank Human Capital in Japan
- Strategy Analytics
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Center for Marketing Research
- Wildfire PR
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0c4d30/worldwide_social_n