SAN MATEO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ:BIRT), The people behind BIRT® and the leading open source Business Intelligence vendor, today reported a strong finish for 2010 with Actuate generating over $21.2 million in BIRT-related business during the course of 2010, bringing the total in the last 4 years to over $62.5 million.
Other recent BIRT related momentum includes:
- Q4 BIRT-related license business was $7.3 million, up 12% year-over-year, with 2010 BIRT-related license business up 33% year-over-year;
- Q4 BIRT-related business originating from Eclipse BIRT users was up over 100% from a year ago;
- Booked over 145 BIRT-related license transactions in Q4, booked 580 transactions during 2010, bringing the total since beginning of 2008 to almost 1,500;
- Annual BIRT-related business originating from Eclipse BIRT users up over 220% from a year ago;
- Commercial downloads from BIRT Exchange remain strong with over 1,350 net new downloads in Q4;
- BIRT represented 34% of core new license business in 2010 and is projected to be over 50% in 2012;
- The BIRT Exchange Marketplace now houses 83 applications, over half of which have been contributed by third parties;
- Announced the general availability of BIRT onDemand, a Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering based upon Actuate’s massively scalable BIRT iServer, and closed a significant 6-figure transaction for BIRT onDemand in the same quarter;
- Launched BIRT Mobile to deliver a unified user experience in the office and on mobile devices;
“BIRT is set to become Actuate’s dominant product line in terms of new license business generated during the course of 2012,” said Pete Cittadini, CEO and President, Actuate Corporation. “ActuateOne, BIRT onDemand, BIRT Mobile and the BIRT Exchange Marketplace continue to gain traction. We are also planning new BIRT related products that leverage Xenos technology, setting the stage for good BIRT license growth in 2011.”
To learn more about Actuate and BIRT visit: www.birt-exchange.com.
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. ActuateOne is a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence applications and information applications. Applications built with ActuateOne provide one user experience regardless of task or skill level; are supported by one server for any deployment including cloud and are built with one BIRT design that can access and integrate any data source - including high volume print streams. ActuateOne adds rich data visualizations, including interactivity, dashboards, analytics, and deployment options to web and mobile BIRT applications, helping organizations drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
Actuate has over 4,700 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.actuate.com or visit the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
Copyright © 2011 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate and the Actuate logo are registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.