IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Industrial Systems Inc. (AIS), has introduced a line of fully rugged Stainless Steel HMI touch panels for superior performance in wet, dusty, rugged, and humid environments. All the systems feature low power consumption, high reliability, long product life cycle and superior performance per watt operation. Additional options are available such as HMI Touch screen Capability, Sunlight Readability capability through Transflective enhancements, LED backlit Panels, and custom I/O’s; enhancing the versatility and utility of the display. The system features a rugged stainless steel enclosure with polished surface for easy cleaning, meeting DIN EN 1672-2 standards for food processing machinery – safety and hygiene requirements. The AIS rugged touch panel PC’s are designed with EN 1.4301, DIN X5CrNi, SAE 304, and UNS S30400 grade stainless steel with anti-corrosive and chemical resistant touch screens for operator control and monitoring.
AIS’ HMI stainless steel touch panels are powered by the Intel® Atom™ 1.6 GHz processor with 2.5W thermal design power (TDP) and 1.56 TDP to clock speed ratio (W/GHz) which enables a passive and fanless cooling system architecture. Through a fanless design a NEMA 1/12/4 sealing standards can be achieved, meeting high levels of dust, dirt, grease, moisture, humidity, shock, vibration and EMI/RFI resistance compliance. The stainless steel chassis can be cleaned with chemicals and is designed for situations where sanitation is of highest priority. Currently the Rugged Touch screen Panel PCs are available in 15”, 17”, and 19”. VESA standard mounting holes are available on every unit for easy deployment into any installation. Whether your application requires a commercial off the shelf (COTS) unit, or a fully customized Weatherproof Panel PC, AIS has the flexibility to meet your requirement.
Features and Benefits
- EN 1.4301, DIN X5CrNi, SAE 304 and UNS S30400 stainless steel and food-safe seals
- 15”, 17” and 19” flat sealed stainless steel enclosure with all-around IP65 protection
- Intel Atom processors providing fanless, reliable performance with minimal power consumption
- Integrated 5 wire resistive touch for compact & rugged HMI durable and reliable platforms.
- Communication ports supporting RS232, RS485 and Ethernet connectivity to Modbus or Modbus/TCP
- Ultra-slim, light, fanless and vibration-resistant design
- Non-volatile solid state storage for high reliability and ruggedness
- TCP/IP via Ethernet for traceability, easy validation, service and diagnostics via the Internet
- Reliable, long lifetime support and availability, high performance, easily programmable systems
- Customized panel pc configuration, selection of display, memory, and storage and Windows operating system
- Good manufacturing practice (GMP) regulations-US food and drug administration (FDA)
- IP65 Rated, CE and FCC certified, and RoHS compliant
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is a ISO 9001:2008 certified leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty industrial panel pc, industrial display, digital signage, and rugged tablet pc solutions for customers in the industrial automation, military & aerospace, medical, transportation and power & energy markets. AIS specializes in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. For additional information on AIS products and services, please call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com