|Sprint 4G and CicLAvia|
|Now that Sprint 4G has launched in Los Angeles, it’s time to find out just how the new service will provide advantages for communities, business owners and companies looking to upgrade to the faster 4G network.|
|Sprint will be holding an exclusive event to demonstrate the power of 4G through hands on demos with products and industry applications. Sprint executives will be on hand to answer questions regarding Sprint 4G in Los Angeles and the latest Sprint 4G products and devices.|
As part of Sprint’s ongoing contributions to the community, Sprint will be presenting a check in the amount of $10,000 to the Los Angeles Mayor’s Office to support the upcoming CicLAvia (http://ciclavia.wordpress.com/) community event. CicLAvia organizes events that clear the streets of Los Angeles, making them safe for people to walk, skate, play and ride a bike.
|Sprint’s Kevin Kunkel, Vice President of Business Sales, Western Region, will be presenting Mayor’s Office Director of Sustainability, Beth Jines with the donation at the start of the event.|
|Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|Check ceremony to begin at 11:15 a.m.|
|3100 Donald Douglas Loop N.|
|Santa Monica, CA 90405|
|(complimentary valet parking available)|
- Mayor’s Office Director of Sustainability, Beth Jines accepting the donation on behalf of CicLAvia
- Sprint representatives discussing the advantages of 4G and providing hands on demos of the latest handset devices
- INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES: Sprint executives explaining “What does 4G really mean for Los Angeles and Orange County?”
- INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES: Mayor’s Office Director of Sustainability, Beth Jines can discuss the CicLAvia program and what this donation means for the program
- B-roll of Sprint 4G (Available in beta or digital form)
- Interviews with L.A. and O.C. business owners testing Sprint 4G
For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 48.8 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Common Cents Mobile and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.