LOS ALTOS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Talend, a global open source software leader, today announced that it continued record growth and innovation in the second half of 2010. In just the last six months, Talend broke into the application integration market with the acquisition of SOPERA, completed a $34 million round of funding led by Silver Lake Sumeru and attained record growth numbers for the fourteenth straight quarter. Heading into 2011, the company is ideally positioned to extend its leadership position in the open source middleware market.
“The second half of 2010 completed the biggest year in Talend’s history,” said Bertrand Diard, CEO & co-founder of Talend. “With the acquisition of SOPERA and the creation of the application integration division, we enter 2011 with a comprehensive suite of cost optimized open source solutions that go way beyond existing proprietary technologies. We intend to further accelerate our business this year and increase the value we provide to each and every customer.”
Customer, Revenue and Internal Growth
In the second half of 2010, Talend continued to release breakthrough products, increase customers and revenue, and receive industry accolades. Key highlights include:
- Grew customer base to 2,000 customers, up from 1,000 a year ago. Of these new customers, approximately 50% are Fortune 1000 companies.
- Total downloads reached 12 million, with over 550,000 unique users of Talend’s open source products.
- Ramped up the deployment and sales of open source data quality and master data management (MDM) solutions, proving that these markets are ready for mainstream open source adoption.
- Released Talend v4.1, a significant upgrade to the market’s first integrated data management platform. Along with many other enhancements, this upgrade added advanced data stewardship and data matching capabilities to the industry’s leading open source data management solution.
- Released Talend Service Factory, an open, lightweight and flexible solution for service enablement based on leading Apache projects.
- Received a number of prestigious industry accolades including Emerging Technology Vendor by Everything Channel’s CRN Magazine and was placed by Gartner, Inc. in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools.”
- Talend made changes to the executive team to ideally position themselves for rapid global expansion, including Vincent Pineau promoted to Vice President of Global Services & Support and François Méro, promoted to Vice President of Global Sales. Additionally, Nick White joined Talend as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to take on responsibility for all of Talend’s global finance and administration operations, and Scott Devens joined Talend as Vice President and General Manager of the Application Integration division.
- Talend opened new offices in Italy and Japan to support the exploding demand for its solutions all over the world. The two locations, strategically selected to help drive business throughout Europe and Asia, will combine local experience and knowledge of the specific marketplaces with Talend’s development, sales and marketing infrastructure which has supported the company’s unmatched growth in the data management industry.
“In 2010, Talend was the biggest fundraiser for an open source company with an $8M funding round in April, followed by a $34M round in November,” said Matt Aslett, senior analyst, enterprise software, The 451 Group. “Coming off of a year where VC for open-source-related vendors returned to growth with an 18% increase over 2009, Talend is well positioned to continue its momentum and take advantage of growing interest in unlocking the value of data to enterprise of all sizes.”
Talend is the recognized market leader in open source middleware solutions. More than 2,000 paying customers around the globe, including eBay, Virgin Mobile, Sony Online Entertainment, Deutsche Post and Allianz, subscribe to Talend’s solutions and services to minimize the costs and maximize the value of data integration, ETL, data quality, Master Data Management and application integration. With more than 12 million downloads, Talend’s solutions are the most widely used and deployed data management solutions in the world. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners. Within the last year, Talend has received a number of prestigious honors including: named a Network World open source company to watch, and a winner of the AlwaysOn Global 250, the Red Herring Top 100 Europe, The VAR Guy’s Open Source 50 and InfoWorld’s Bossie Award. For more information, please visit http://www.talend.com.