SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Index Publications LLC, the leading independent provider of news, analysis and events in the exchange-traded fund space, announced today that it has closed an investment round with a select group of strategic investors. The money will be used to expand the company’s offerings in the realm of ETF analytics and data, and to fuel its growth in Europe.
“It is an exciting time for us, and for the ETF industry,” said Jim Wiandt, founder and CEO of the San Francisco-based media company. “We have seen enormous growth in index-related investments over the past decade, led by the success of ETFs. This growth has been matched by equal growth in the complexity of these products. We see an urgent need for clear-eyed analysis and quality education focusing on these products. Armed with this funding, substantial customer demand and these new strategic relationships, we aim to meet that need.”
The round was led by Charter Financial Publishing Network (publisher of Financial Advisor magazine), global investment bank Credit Suisse and financial-services-focused investment firm Bendigo Partners.
“ETFs and index-related products are playing an increasingly critical role in both institutional and private portfolios,” said Phil Mackintosh, Global Head of Portfolio Strategy at Credit Suisse. “But there is a clear and immediate need for better analytical work in this space. Index Publications is in a unique position to break open that market, and Credit Suisse is excited to partner in that growth.”
Index Publications LLC operates a number of leading publications in the field of ETFs and index-related investments, including:
- IndexUniverse.com: The leading website for in-depth ETF news and analysis
- IndexUniverse.eu: The leading ETF-related investment website in Europe
- Exchange-Traded Funds Report (ETFR): The longest-running and most prominent ETF newsletter in the world
- Journal of Indexes (JOI): The book of record for the index and index fund industry
Index Publications is also the leading provider of conferences in the ETF space, with events including:
- Inside ETFs: The largest ETF-related conference in the world, this year’s 4th annual event will be held February 2011 in Hollywood, Florida
- Inside ETFs Europe: The largest ETF-related conference in Europe, this year’s 2nd annual event will be held May 2011 in Amsterdam
- Inside Commodities: A commodities-focused event held in November (and sold out each year) at the New York Stock Exchange
- Inside Indexing: Our newest event, aimed at the institutional index investor, will be held October 2011 in Philadelphia
The company was founded in 2001 by Jim Wiandt and is majority-owned by its managing partners.
About Index Publications LLC (www.indexuniverse.com) − The leading independent authority on ETFs, indexes and index funds. IndexUniverse.com and its related publications cover product and market developments related to index funds, ETFs, index derivatives (futures/options/swaps) and the sophisticated investment strategies that use these financial tools. The website aims to provide the industry’s best news, columns, research and features about the dynamic field of index-based investing and trading. It also offers valuable tools and data to assess markets and investment products, and incisive commentary designed to help investors and advisors cut through the clutter and find the right products for them. IndexUniverse.com aims to be educational, thought-provoking and most importantly, rigorously independent.