DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bc403f/contraceptives_mar) has announced the addition of the "Contraceptives Market to 2016 - Demand for Long Acting Birth Control Pills Encourages Growth in Hormonal Contraceptives Market" report to their offering.
$11 Billion Contraceptives Market to 2016 - Demand for Long Acting Birth Control Pills Encourages Growth in Hormonal Contraceptives Market provides insight about contraceptive sales and price forecasts until 2016. The report also delves deep into global contraceptive treatment usage patterns. Further, contraceptive markets in the key geographies of the US, top five EU countries and Japan are also covered in the report. The report also includes details about contraceptive R&D pipelines and potential future blockbuster products. The report provides in-depth analysis of the main contraceptive classes, which includes oral contraceptives, injectables and topical contraceptives. Furthermore, it includes market forecasts and treatment usage patterns for each therapeutic class. The report also explores the competitive landscape, with a competitive analysis of the top companies in the market. Finally, a key trend analysis of mergers and acquisitions, and licensing agreements in the contraceptives market is also included.
It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
High Growth Rate and Increasing Awareness Has Made Contraceptive Market Attractive
The global hormonal contraceptive market is a fast growing market, with oral contraceptives considered to be the most common method of avoiding unplanned pregnancies by women. In 2009, the global contraceptives market was $11.2 billion and is forecast to grow to $14.5 billion by 2016, which represents a growth rate of 4% between 2009 and 2016. According to the report by the Guttmacher Institute, the number of women who are in need of public funded contraceptives increased by one million between 2001 and 2004, and is increasing at an ever faster rate. An increase in the number of women requiring public funded contraception shows an increasing awareness among women of contraceptive methods. This increasing awareness will accelerate growth in the contraceptive market in the coming years. As a result, the market will continue to be fast growing, thereby attracting the attentions of the major pharmaceutical companies.
Strong Pipeline and the Entry of New Players Will Intensify the Competition
The contraceptives market has a strong pipeline base supporting growth in the market, and thereby attracting many pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies. Major pharmaceutical companies such as Teva, Watson, Bayer and Merck have active contraceptive pipelines. One of the major activities in the market at present is the development of generic versions of off patent drugs. The entry of these generic versions will boost the oral contraceptive market and thereby bring about further rises in the hormonal contraceptives market in the coming years. Also, the launch of blockbuster drug Beyaz in 2010, by Bayer, will help offset the decline in revenues due to patent expiries. The rapid entry of new players is set to intensify competition in this market. Also, the presence of a highly active pipeline is an indicator of strong market competition in the future.
The scope of this report includes:
- Data and analysis of the contraceptives market in the leading geographies which includes the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the contraceptives market from 2001 to 2009, with forecasts to 2016.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market sizes, market shares, annual costs of therapy, sales volumes and treatment usage patterns, such as disease populations, treatment seeking populations, diagnosis populations and prescription populations.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had significant impact on the market.
- Competitive landscape of the global contraceptives market including benchmarking of the top companies. The key companies studied in this report are Merck/Schering-Plough, Pfizer/Wyeth, Johnson and Johnson, Bayer and Warner Chilcott
- Key M&A and licensing agreements that have taken place between 2008 and 2009 in the contraceptives market
Reasons to buy
The report will aid business development and help marketing executives strategizing product launches:
- Build effective strategies to launch pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products to fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of the top competitors.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first in class molecules with more efficiency and better safety.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Global Contraceptives Market: Introduction
3 Global Contraceptives Market: Market Overview
4 Global Contraceptives Market: Market Characterization
5 Global Contraceptives Market: Geographical Landscape
6 Global Contraceptives Market: Therapeutic Landscape
7 Global Contraceptives Market: Pipeline Analysis
8 Global Contraceptives Market: Competitive Landscape
9 Global Contraceptives Market: M&A Landscape
10 Global Contraceptives Market: Appendix
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bc403f/contraceptives_mar