CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BigMachines, Inc., the leader in product configuration, pricing and quoting, proposal generator and B2B ecommerce cloud computing, today announced the availability of BigMachines 11, the company’s flagship on-demand software. BigMachines 11 delivers enhanced performance, security and scalability to the award-winning sales automation platform, providing an enterprise-strength sales solution.
BigMachines 11 is built on the company’s industry-leading SaaS (software as a service) platform, enabling sales teams, VARs and channel partners to quickly and easily generate quotes and proposals, manage pricing, generate contracts and submit and manage orders. In addition, BigMachines 11 provides B2B ecommerce capabilities, enabling companies to use the same system for internal quoting and proposal development as they do for selling direct to business customers on their website.
Many product enhancements delivered in BigMachines 11 are based on customer feedback, solicited through a number of programs including: My BigIdea, an online forum where customers suggest enhancements and features, comment and vote on each other’s ideas; BigMachines Customer Success Forums where customers gather to collaborate with BigMachines product managers to share experiences and brainstorm innovations; and the Company’s BigIdeas conferences, held in the US and Europe, where customers, prospects and partners discuss product roadmaps and vote on the most important enhancements.
Enhancements and new features in BigMachines 11 include the following:
- iPad support provides the ability to conveniently create quotes directly on the popular device, enhancing sales team mobility
- User interface templates enable users to create 100 percent customized templates for their configurators to match company branding and standards
- Drag-and-drop reporting interface makes creating reports fast and easy, even for novice users
- Table-based configuration rules reduce the amount of time required to build and maintain rules by using tables without writing BMQL (BigMachines Query Language)
- Data Table Administration provides table maintenance using a familiar spreadsheet interface from within the BigMachines application
- Quick-key item entry allows users to add items to a sales quote with fewer clicks and auto-suggest intelligence
- Performance enhancements enable faster set-up and faster configurations and quotes
“As an existing BigMachines customer, we see where the performance and user interface enhancements in BigMachines 11 will provide benefits to us,” said Sergey Heyphets, Professional Services Senior Systems Engineer, Acme Packet. “We have received a lot of praise from our order management personnel who say that the number of errors is reduced dramatically because the configurator and guided selling features within BigMachines ensure that whatever the sales team quotes is always correct. BigMachines has reduced our average sales quote time from 60 minutes to 15 minutes. This saves a considerable amount of time that our sales team can use to sell more.”
BigMachines 11 features updates to the software architecture that enhance scalability, security and performance. These include:
- Data table performance improvements, allowing for faster imports and deployment of data tables
- Commerce scalability and performance improvements, especially when creating large sales quotes
- Additional layers of firewall security to protect against common Web security vulnerabilities
- Upgraded database technology for enhanced performance, improved indexing, increased scalability and new disaster recovery data protection
“As our customer base has expanded across industries and across the globe, we have listened carefully to their needs,” said Godard Abel, Co-Founder and CEO of BigMachines. “BigMachines 11 incorporates many of the most-requested enhancements and features, as well as new innovations that make our software more powerful than ever, yet easier to use. We look forward to helping all of our customers sell more and sell faster and achieve rapid ROI.”
Existing BigMachines customers can schedule upgrades to BigMachines 11 at the BigMachines Support Center (support.bigmachines.com). More information is available at http://www.bigmachines.com/11.
BigMachines is the global leader in enabling B2B sales, helping companies sell more and sell faster. BigMachines' award-winning on-demand configurator, pricing and quoting, proposal generator, and B2B eCommerce software solutions empower sales across customers' channels by streamlining their sales processes from opportunity to order. Using BigMachines software, sales teams and channels can quickly configure products, generate quotes and proposals, manage complex pricing, generate legal contracts, and manage orders. BigMachines offers extensive reporting capabilities and easily integrates to leading CRM and ERP systems, including those from salesforce.com, Oracle, Microsoft and SAP. BigMachines' rapidly growing customer base includes global leaders such as Kodak's GCG, Siemens, Ingersoll Rand, and NTT Communications, as well as innovative growth companies such as Acme Packet and Voltaire. For more information, visit www.bigmachines.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6559302&lang=en