ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GT Software, a leading provider of mainframe integration and data access solutions, today cited the growing interest in leveraging mainframe investments as the driving factor in the company’s unbroken string of profitable years. Founded in 1982, the company continues to enjoy growth in both its customer base and partner program, domestically and worldwide.
GT Software’s Ivory Service Architect suite offers a complete product family for integrating the mainframe – application logic, business logic, and mainframe data. It combines a high-performance mainframe integration architecture with world-class development tooling to address the myriad requirements for mainframe web service integration faced by large enterprises.
A highlight of 2010 occurred when GT Software’s core technology was awarded a U.S. Patent covering the company’s “Systems and Methods for Web Service Function, Definition, Implementation, and/or Execution.” The patented technology forms the engine of Ivory.
“The Ivory patent recognizes the product’s power to extend clients’ applications to the 21st century Web services world,” said Steve Craggs, analyst for Lustratus Research. “This patent brings appropriate recognition to GT Software’s foresight in establishing the research and design project that resulted in its first patent.”
Founded in 1982, GT Software has thrived in all business conditions and cycles, from the heyday to the cautious, even during the current business cycle. “The need to conserve and protect corporate resources never goes away,” commented Rob Morris, chief strategy officer. “The more we help enterprises control mainframe costs, the more their systems are able to contribute to the bottom line, either through actual savings or by launching new business critical systems.”
Third-party affirmations were another highlight of the year. A Lustratus Research study, based on in-depth customer interviews, detailed tangible benefits of using the company’s mainframe integration toolset. While many organizations continue to struggle to learn and implement other mainframe integration and Web service solutions (including some that are free), the participants of this study reported:
- Training time in as little as 1 day;
- Zero reported production issues; and,
- 85-90 % savings in time and effort to implement mainframe Web services
“When we meet or exceed customer expectations, good things happen. And, all signs point to the continuing of GT Software’s period of unparalleled growth,” said Morris. “With our unrivalled customer confidence and third-party affirmations, we stand ready to continue on the track record that has been established over the past two decades.”
The company also experienced increased numbers of customer adoptions in a wide range of industries worldwide, including:
Kadaster, the Dutch Land Registry Office, which is using the Ivory
product suite to modernize and extend capabilities of its legacy
mainframe systems. As an example of integration with major enterprise
software from third parties, Kadaster is using Ivory to integrate
information from its 30-year-old registry system into a new one,
synchronizing data between these systems by implementing SAP Process
Integration software as an enterprise service bus. Kadaster is
replacing the old system for several reasons:
- to reduce its total cost of ownership;
- to phase out its reliance on COBOL/IDMS applications;
- to reduce the number of development platforms.
- Interfleet Technology, one of the world’s leading international consultancies in rail technology, adopted Ivory Service Architect for new business solutions offered by Interfleet’s Swedish operation. Mattias Tronje, system development manager for Interfleet Technology said, “Ivory delivers the basis for building a modern, robust, open and user friendly system on top of our earlier investments in business logic and information/data. It is a foundation for new business, products and business models for us. It is a must for survival and success.”
- The Belgian payroll processing and HR services leader Securex chose Ivory to web-enable many essential standalone desktop applications, and to convert its batch CRM application to a Web services paradigm.
During the year, GT Software also:
- Introduced new versions of Ivory, which integrates with CA Ideal and CA IDMS, and now supports the RESTful client-server interface;
- Continued to sign new marquee partners, as exemplified by Primeur, a multinational producer of middleware solutions for distributed and heterogeneous IT systems. Primeur, an IBM Premier Business Partner, will represent the GT Software solutions suite in the Italian and Spanish markets.
- Announced the hiring of 25-year industry veteran Wes Young as vice president of sales. Young will be responsible for managing the company’s growing direct sales force and developing its partner and reseller channels.
- Participated in important industry meetings and forums such as SHARE, Gartner, and a Lustratus Research webcast on the tangible results of mainframe integration software.
Ivory Service Architect comprises Ivory Studio, a graphical modeling environment, and Ivory Server, a high-performance SOAP processor with runtime service orchestration. Without requiring any changes to the service definition, Ivory supports the deployment of mainframe-based Web services across z/VSE, z/OS, CICS/TS, CICS, IMS, Windows, Wintel, Unix, and Linux.
About GT Software
GT Software is a leading global provider of proven, cost-effective mainframe integration and data access solutions. The company’s patented technology enables customers to build and publish Web services quickly and easily, with little or no training, and execute those services on z/OS, Linux, Windows, or Linux on System z. Using GT Software solutions, mainframe developers can seamlessly integrate new technologies like web-based portals, business process management and packaged applications with no code changes and minimal training. With more than 2,000 installations worldwide, GT Software provides innovation-driven, cost-effective and future proofing solutions for many FORTUNE 1000 companies. Additional information can be found at www.gtsoftware.com.
Ivory and Ivory Service Architect are trademarks of GT Software, Inc. Other product names are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.