PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wowd (www.wowd.com), a company that helps you organize your social life on Facebook, is making a new Web version of Wowd available to consumers. This new version focuses exclusively on cutting through the clutter to help you organize your Facebook by surfacing the updates that matter to you most.
“We want to give people a simple tool they can really use - one that makes their online social lives easier,” said Mark Drummond, CEO of Wowd. “We listen carefully to our users and do our best to incorporate their feedback whenever we can to ensure the best possible experience.”
The new Web version of Wowd helps cut clutter in Facebook with the following features:
- Custom Feeds: See only what you want from your Facebook news feed whether it’s specific people, topics or both.
- SmartFeeds:™ Automatically see natural groupings of Facebook friends, like your family, colleagues and more.
- No Game Spam: Automatically see your feed without spam.
- Social Search Inside Facebook: Search for any topic in your Facebook news feed.
- Conversation Summaries: See at a glance what your friends are talking about.
- Plus! Update your status, comment on posts, ‘like’ items, and browse your social graph.
For those who would also like an easy way to track their Web history and do real-time Web searches, Wowd’s free, downloadable client software includes all of the Facebook organization features in the Web version plus:
- Private Web History: Easily find any Web page you’ve visited.
- SearchStream™: Your Web searches update live in real time.
- Hot Topics: See a summary of what’s popular on the Web by category.
Wowd (www.wowd.com) helps you organize your online social life on Facebook. It’s the smart way to end social information overload by automatically surfacing items you care about from people you care about most in Facebook. Whether you use the Web version or the client software, Wowd puts you in control, ending social network overload and simplifying your Facebook experience.
Wowd launched its real-time Web search client in October 2009, and then realized that there was an opportunity to offer that capability in a social network context to give people control over social network clutter. Wowd released a client version of its Facebook social search product in August 2010 and a Web version in December 2010. Founded in 2007, Wowd is a social search company based in Palo Alto, CA. The company is funded by Steve Jurvetson, Draper Fisher Jurvetson; Dave Hills, KPG Ventures; and Stanford University’s Engineering Venture Fund.