WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--News Media Group, Inc. is launching a new series of 30 and 60 second shorts called “Killer Apps” that will showcase the must-have apps that iPhone, iPad and other smart mobile device owners will want to download to survive the holidays! Our Emmy® Award winning host and one of the most familiar faces in technology, Brett Larson, will show viewers why the app is indispensable for the holidays and where to download it.
The “Killer Apps” series can be seen by DirecTV subscribers on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, FOX Business, FOX News, Headline News, Bloomberg and the Weather Channel or viewers can watch online at www.killerapps.tv. The shorts will air at various times from November 19th through the 23rd, which is the critical gift buying and holiday planning periods surrounding Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year.
“We want to help consumers enjoy this holiday season even more by using their mobile device,” said Jennifer Rivera, President of News Media Group. “With thousands of apps to choose from, we believe our list will definitely help relieve the holiday stress for many this year. From an app that manages your grocery shopping to an app from a leading multimedia retailer that helps you find gifts for your whole shopping list, “Killer Apps” has something for everyone.”
Our must-have “Killer Apps” for the 2010 holidays are:
- QVC – Shop QVC anytime, anywhere for the deals you want on the gifts they want…even watch QVC live
- Grocery Gadget – Organizes all your grocery shopping needs
- WeatherBug – Access to the world’s largest weather network
- KAYAK – Shop hundreds of travel sites in one search from your mobile device
- Amazon – Quick and simple way to find and buy millions of products from Amazon.com, wherever you go
- Schlage LiNK – Remotely monitor and control your door locks, lights, cameras and thermostats
- Pandora – Search for and listen to your favorite holiday music
- Save Benjis – Helps you find the best price while shopping
- Buzzillions – Over 12 million customer product reviews
- Track Packages – Makes holiday shipping easy and worry free
To watch “Killer Apps” online or to get more information about these featured apps, visit www.killerapps.tv.
About News Media Group, Inc.
News Media Group, Inc. produces informative and newsworthy short-form programming for the public through its 30 and 60 second series of shorts “…in the news”, covering health awareness months to new product launches, “Killer Apps”, profiling the hottest mobile downloads and “EnviroMinute”, showcasing the solutions taking place in our environment. We partner with the world's leading corporations, organizations and agencies to provide this content in an editorial and entertaining format to targeted audiences nationally, regionally and locally. Visit us online at www.newsmg.com.