BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM), the information management company, today announced the launch of its Enterprise Discovery Suite, an integrated offering of information governance and discovery capabilities that allows businesses to achieve the cost predictability and litigation preparedness they require in today’s regulatory-laden and litigious business environment.
The Enterprise Discovery Suite integrates content archiving, legal discovery and data classification functionality for enterprises currently doing discovery with disparate point products. It includes data archiving from Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint®, file systems and third-party repositories to enable retention policies and legal holds; policy-based search to identify potentially relevant data from endpoint laptops and PCs; early case assessment to develop case strategy and reduce data volumes; and high-productivity document review in preparation for outside counsel review and production in response to regulatory investigations or litigation. High-performance data interoperability across the solution also ensures a secure chain of custody while alleviating data integrity issues common in discovery solutions that do not treat governance and discovery as a consistent, systematic business process.
“Our customers want us to do more than just keep their information safe; they need to find data faster, understand what it means, and better prepare themselves for litigation or investigations,” said T.M. Ravi, chief marketing officer, Iron Mountain Digital. “The Enterprise Discovery Suite is our answer to these needs. We’ve integrated solutions for archiving, discovery and classification that help our customers reduce cost, risk, complexity and improve efficiency.”
A process of identifying, reviewing and producing information in response to legal or regulatory requests, discovery has long been the sole domain of corporate legal departments. However, that is changing as regulatory and legal obligations grow, and companies demand greater cost predictability and faster decision-making when litigation hits. As a result, more companies are now taking a higher-level approach to discovery that starts with setting fundamental governance policies for how long to keep their information and for deciding which data to hold in the event of future litigation.
“Effective discovery results when companies have systems in place that offer a holistic and unified analysis of their data and information,” said Nick Patience, research director, information management at The 451 Group. “Enterprises are in need of solutions that not only help integrate the IT and legal functions, but also help organizations drive business intelligence from their existing information.”
The Iron Mountain Enterprise Discovery Suite enables IT, legal, compliance and information security to collaborate and proactively respond to legal mandates and requests as well as internal or regulatory investigations. The Enterprise Discovery Suite makes Know What You Have® a reality, infusing additional intelligence into the overall discovery process and enabling defensible and reproducible processes and chain of custody throughout the information lifecycle. Within the integrated offering, early case assessment and document review operate more efficiently. Users can more easily identify and access potentially relevant information from across the enterprise, using search enhanced with classification, policy assignment and additional metadata. Attorneys can quickly analyze collected data sets to develop legal strategy and use advanced filtering techniques to reduce data volumes for outside counsel to review.
Components of the Iron Mountain Enterprise Discovery Suite include:
- Iron Mountain NearPoint® – An information archive that functions as a central content repository and provides dynamic retention policies and item-level legal holds for data located in Exchange, file systems, SharePoint and third-party repositories.
- Connected® Classify & Collect – An on-premise solution that enables policy-based identification and collection of data from endpoint devices including laptops and desktops.
- Iron Mountain eVantage™ – An on-premises early case assessment solution with high speed processing and advanced analytics for rapid strategy, cost and risk assessment of electronic data in litigation and investigations.
- Iron Mountain Legal Discovery – A service for scalable, high-productivity review that ingests data from the Connected Classify & Collect, NearPoint, eVantage solutions and third-party collections for native file review and tagging with advanced analytics, and portfolio management capabilities for complex matters including secure multi-project team support and automated workflow.
- Iron Mountain Consulting –Proactive litigation readiness planning that addresses records, information and discovery management, as well as complex matter support to help efficiently manage large, complicated matters.
For more on the Iron Mountain Enterprise Discovery Suite and additional information management solutions from Iron Mountain, visit http://www.ironmountain.com/discovery/
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company’s solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter @IronMountainInc for more information.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6480171&lang=en