NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On October 19, 2010, hundreds of investors, entrepreneurs, and industry executives will convene at the Hilton Toronto, in the heart of the city’s financial district, for the Agriculture 2.0TM investment conference.
The goal of this conference—the first of its kind in Canada—is to connect investors with technology-based agriculture companies seeking investment capital.
Participants in the conference will hear presentations from the following investor-ready companies:
- Advanced Animal Diagnostics (Durham, North Carolina)
- Agrisoma Biosciences (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Converted Organics/TerraSphere (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Enginuity Energy (Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania)
- GrowSafe Systems (Airdrie, Alberta)
- Nutri-Loc (Delta, British Columbia)
- Oberon Fish Meal Replacement (FMR) (Boulder, Colorado)
- PlantForm Corporation (Toronto, Ontario)
- Prevtec Microbia (Montreal, Quebec)
- Radient Technologies (Edmonton, Alberta)
- Titan Clean Energy Projects (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
- Vive Nano (Toronto, Ontario)
- Woodland Biofuels (Mississauga, Ontario)
“The Canadian entrepreneurial community has bowled us over,” said Janine Yorio of NewSeed Advisors. “Both the applicants and selected presenters are the most compelling Agriculture 2.0 companies we have seen yet.”
Participants from BDC Venture Capital, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG Corporate Finance, Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, Pulse Canada, Greenrock, CG Wellington, Kirchner Private Capital, and many more will come together to learn the nuances of investing in the rapidly-changing, multi-trillion dollar market of sustainable agriculture.
Jay Bradshaw, President of Syngenta Canada, is slated to address the conference along with Jean-Philippe Gervais, Senior Agricultural Economist for Farm Credit Canada.
Agriculture 2.0 Canada is presented by Bioenterprise Corporation, co-hosted by NewSeed Advisors and Avrio Ventures, and is additionally sponsored by Farm Credit Canada. Registration is available exclusively at www.agriculture20.com.
ABOUT AGRICULTURE 2.0
Agriculture 2.0 is the nexus of sustainable agriculture innovation and investment. Since its premiere in New York City in the Fall of 2009, Agriculture 2.0 has garnered wide-ranging respect from all sides of the sustainable agriculture industry for its seriousness of purpose and ability to provide a fertile environment for collaboration. Agriculture 2.0 is conceived and produced by NewSeed Advisors.