With the launch of the US–EU Match network on September 10 2008, US companies and researchers will be able to have European business support delivered to their door step. The network will enhance transatlantic trade and encourage transfers of innovative ideas and technology, by helping American companies and research institutes establish links with their EU counterparts.
The US–EU Match network will link up with the existing Enterprise Europe Network. Launched by the European Commission, the Enterprise Europe Network is made up of close to 600 partner organizations in more than 40 countries. Its principal aim is to assist small- and medium-sized businesses, as well as research centers and universities, by putting them in contact with organizations that can help their enterprises develop and thrive.
"By creating a network in the United States and linking it to the Enterprise Europe Network, we will significantly enhance transatlantic innovation and trade initiatives," said Angelos Pangratis, Deputy Head of the Delegation of the European Commission to the United States.
To attend the launch of the EU-US Match network at the Delegation of the European Commission, 2300 M Street NW, from 4.30-6.00pm on September 10, RSVP by September 7 to:
The event will be followed by a cocktail reception.
The US–EU Match network will be led by a consortium consisting of:
The US–EU Match network will provide companies and research institutes with a range of services, including:
- Information on opportunities such as research calls for proposals, technology requests and partner searches.
- Organization of networking meetings to provide a forum for U.S. business and research to meet European counterparts.
- Information and training workshops on the application process for European calls and research grants, and the preparation of technology offers and requests.
- Network website (web forum, contact database, polls, etc.).
- Organization of on-demand support (bespoke services) responding to client needs.
More information concerning the US-EU Match network can be obtained at: www.us-eu-match.com.
- The European Commission Directorate General Enterprise and Industry http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/index_en.htm
- Enterprise Europe Network http://www.enterprise-europe-network.ec.europa.eu/index_en.htm
- Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation http://ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent/contact/index_en.htm
- INTRASOFT International http://www.intrasoft-intl.com/index.jsp
- NineSigma Inc http://www.ninesigma.com/
- RTI http://www.rti.org/
- EABO http://www.eabo.biz/
- Delegation of the European Commission to the USA http://www.eurunion.org/