SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HP (NYSE:HPQ) today announced breakthroughs in printer ink, printer toner, and media technologies that allow customers unprecedented color printing capabilities to produce documents and marketing materials in-house that are impressive, eye-catching and equivalent to offset printing quality(1).
The new printing supplies portfolio includes HP’s newly formulated HP ColorSphere Toner that will deliver 117% higher gloss(2), and 39% wider color gamut(3), previously unseen in HP Color LaserJet printing. This allows users to greatly improve print quality for documents, produce outstanding images and for the first time – realistic photos.
Also launched today are new printing supplies solutions to meet different customer needs:
Additionally HP announced a further expansion of its supplies portfolio in line with its commitment to offer customers greater choice and value for both Inkjet and LaserJet Print Cartridge offerings. They include:
“Today’s announcement represents HP’s commitment to remain at the forefront of the industry through its unwavering commitment to technological innovation. We continue to raise the bar on customer printing experiences by investing in research that delivers products which delight our customers and meet their need for developing more impressive documents and in house collateral,” said Leong Han Kong, Vice-President for Supplies, HP Imaging and Printing Group Asia Pacific & Japan
“Value is also a key customer concern and that is why we have rolled out an unprecedented range of high volume Inkjet and LaserJet cartridges that deliver greater cost savings to our customers.”
Breakthrough Supplies Innovations
Original HP supplies are designed to work in concert with HP printers and paper to deliver superior print quality, reliability and hassle-free printing. Advancements in technology around HP’s superior printing system continue to evolve to meet the changing needs of customers.
Extending Customer Choice and Value
HP is expanding its range of inks and toners as part of its commitment to provide customers with lower-priced alternatives which deliver consistent, reliable, trouble-free performance that HP print cartridges are known for.
Superior HP Quality and Reliability
HP also unveiled today the results of a North America, HP commissioned yield and reliability study on monochrome toner cartridges. Conducted by QualityLogic, a leading printing research company, the study found that 7% of the remanufactured toner cartridges tested were dead on arrival or failed prematurely. In addition, more than a third of pages from remanufactured cartridges were of limited or no use, based on a print quality scale developed from customer research.(9)
These results complement the Asia Pacific, HP commissioned ink cartridge yield and reliability study conducted in late 2007. Conducted by TÜV SÜD PSB, a leading technical test and research company, the findings quantitatively proved that on average, Original HP Inkjet Print Cartridges produced 2.4 times as many pages (146.7% more) than refilled cartridges compared to Asia Pacific brands of refilled ink cartridges tested. The findings revealed that more than a third of the Asia Pacific refilled cartridges tested were found dead on arrival (DOA) or failed prematurely, compared to Original HP Cartridges that had no such reliability issues.(10)
HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers – from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world’s largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $107.7 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended Jan. 31, 2008. More information about HP is available at www.hp.com.
(1) Refers to Newly formulated ColorSphere Toner only
(2) Gloss: Based on an internal comparison of images printed with HP Color LaserJet 2550 series (2004) and HP Color LaserJet CP1515 (2008) printed on HP Brochure Paper 160g, glossy
(3) Gamut: Based on an internal comparison of images printed with HP Color LaserJet 2550 series (2004) and HP Color LaserJet CP1515 (2008) printed on HP Brochure Paper 160g, glossy
(4) Please note that this applies to the HP 901 range of cartridges. Prices may vary
(5) Compatible with HP60/818 : Deskjet D2560/D2568 and Deskjet F4280/F4288; Printer for HP901 : Officejet J4580.
(6) Compatible with HP LaserJets P4014, P4015, P4515
(7) Refers to HP LaserJet C4127D, C8061D Cartridges. Prices may vary
(8) Cost per page (CPP) laser supplies comparisons based on published specifications of the majority of manufacturers’ highest capacity cartridges available for color laser AiOs under $750 and laser printers under $300 as reported by Current Analysis West, an NPD Group Company, as of September 2007. Officejet CPP based on Officejet Pro Printers and AiOs, HP 88XL Officejet Ink Cartridges, estimated street price and published yield for color prints. Results may vary.
(9) HP commissioned Quality Logic, Reliability Study, November 2007
(10) HP commissioned TÜV SÜD PSB study, July 2007
© 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.