Tickets for the Fiesta Bowl featuring Ohio State and Notre Dame are also on a record-setting pace. The second most popular bowl game of the season is likely to become the best-selling non-championship game in BCS history with an average ticket price of more than $400. Tickets for the Sugar and Orange Bowl games cost about $175.
"This has been both an historic and puzzling bowl season," said Randy Cohen, CEO of TicketCity.com. "We knew the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl games would draw record interest, but what surprised us was the strong support by West Virginia and Penn State fans. More Nittany Lions supporters are buying tickets to the Orange Bowl in Miami than Florida State fans. And the Sugar Bowl, which is being played in Atlanta, is drawing more attention from the Moutaineers than the Georgia Bulldogs who play just 90 minutes away from the Georgia Dome."
The 10 most popular bowls by average ticket price:
1) Rose Bowl (Texas vs. USC)
2) Fiesta Bowl (OSU vs. Notre Dame)
3) Sugar Bowl (West Virginia vs. Georgia)
4) Orange Bowl (Florida State vs. Penn State)
5) Cotton Bowl (Alabama vs. Texas Tech)
6) Outback Bowl (Iowa vs. Florida)
7) Alamo Bowl (Michigan vs. Nebraska)
8) Holiday Bowl (Oklahoma vs. Oregon)
9) Capital One Bowl (Auburn vs. Wisconsin)
10) Independence Bowl (Missouri vs. South Carolina)
TicketCity.com sells tickets for all concerts, sports, and theatre shows -- both in the U.S. and around the world. Founded in 1990, TicketCity.com has grown into the most trusted source for secondary tickets to every major event from the Super Bowl to the World Cup. For more information, visit www.ticketcity.com.