CARLSBAD, Calif. & SHANGHAI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 2015 edition of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, China’s premier life science partnering event, will be held April 22–23 in Shanghai. Shanghai is the largest city proper in the world and home to over 1,000 life science companies.
In 2014, the Forum was attended by 848 delegates from 425 companies and 25 countries, making it the largest partnering conference in China. Pharma and biotech companies as well as leading researchers from China's top universities and institutes consider it a key event for establishing a presence in China’s rapidly growing healthcare sector.
“China is now the world’s second largest healthcare market and is on track to be the largest by the year 2020,” said Greg B. Scott, Founder of ChinaBio® Group. “Shanghai is the heart of China’s pharma and biotech industry, with many of the leading multinational and domestic companies located here. This makes Shanghai the perfect place for these companies to meet and to forge new partnerships to meet the rapidly growing demand for novel healthcare products in China.”
“ChinaBio® Partnering Forum continues to grow each year, and we continue to hear from pharma companies that this is an extremely valuable event for them,” said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. “International life science companies want to have a presence in China, and this event enables them to attend company presentations and engage in one-to-one meetings with potential partners in order to achieve their business goals.”
In previous ChinaBio® Partnering Forums, 35% of the attendees were C-level executives with 65% from China, giving western life science companies unparalleled access to local decision makers and investors. This has helped generate a number of cross-border partnerships in China. In 2013 alone, there were 135 partnerships with China companies generating well over USD 1.6 billion in deal value.
"There are many opportunities for market access and revenue growth in China,” said Steve Yang, EVP & COO, WuXi AppTec. “The rise of the middle-class in China and demand for increased access to and the expectation of high-quality public healthcare are compelling reasons to partner in China. AstraZeneca considers China to be a major growth market."
Innovative companies, organizations and researchers interested in partnering their technologies or products, initiating strategic alliances, or tapping into the financing network may also present at the event by applying online.
Attendees who register before March 6, 2015 will save USD 200 off the regular registration fee. There is also a reduced registration fee for China-based organizations.
partneringONE® is EBD Group’s sophisticated, web-based partnering system that enables event delegates to efficiently identify, meet and get partnerships started with companies across the life science value chain, from large biotech and pharma companies to financiers and innovative start-ups.
About ChinaBio ® Group:
Since its founding in 2007, ChinaBio® Group has created a broad platform of capabilities connecting China life science with the world. ChinaBio has helped western life science companies identify over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities and raise over USD 500 million in funding in China.
- Conferences: ChinaBio organizes the premier life science investment and partnering conferences in China, having attracted over 5,000 attendees.
- Consulting: ChinaBio helps global life science companies to define and execute a successful strategy in China.
- Capital: ChinaBio launched its first VC fund in 2014 focused on bringing Western companies and technologies to China.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read online and email newsletter on China's life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabio.com
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Medtech Partnering Forum, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.