SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT®) (NASDAQ:IDTI) today introduced the F2912 switch, the first in a line of new radio frequency (RF) switch products planned by the semiconductor company. The F2912 has an industry leading combination of low insertion loss, high isolation and linearity making it an ideal choice for base stations (2G, 3G and 4G), microwave backhaul and front haul, test equipment, CATV headend, WiMAX radios, wireless systems and general switching applications.
“We expect LTE technology to comprise 90 percent of all RF base station system shipments by 2018,” said Earl Lum, president of EJL Wireless Research. “The continuing evolution of LTE technology calls for high-linearity, high-performance chips, placing IDT in a strong position to differentiate itself with its unique products and RF capabilities.”
The F2912 supports the latest system requirements for multiple applications with features that include:
- Frequency range of 300 KHz to 8 GHz, achieving broad bandwidth without sacrificing performance across the entire frequency range.
- Low IL of 0.4 dB, providing low path loss without compromising isolation performance.
- High isolation of 60 dB at 2 GHz to reduce signal leakage between adjacent RF port paths.
- High OIP3 of +64 dBm to reduce intermodulation distortion.
- P1 dB of 30 dBm, providing 1W compression point, ensuring rugged operation for a variety of applications.
- 3.3 V and 1.8 V control logic consistent with common FPGA and microcontroller logic levels.
- Operating temperature range of -55 to 125°C for high reliability in harsh thermal environments.
“The F2912 represents IDT’s entry into the RF switch market, where it integrates seamlessly with our other leading RF products to provide engineers a reliable and efficient development path,” said Chris Stephens, IDT’s senior director of Wireless Product Definition and Marketing. “With its set of high-performance metrics, the F2912 is ideal for a multitude of wireless and other RF applications.”
Integrated Device Technology, Inc. develops system-level solutions that optimize its customers’ applications. IDT uses its market leadership in timing, serial switching and interfaces, and adds analog and system expertise to provide complete application-optimized, mixed-signal solutions for the communications, computing and consumer segments. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., IDT has design, manufacturing, sales facilities and distribution partners throughout the world. IDT stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Stock Market® under the symbol “IDTI.” Additional information about IDT is accessible at www.IDT.com. Follow IDT on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
IDT and the IDT logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Integrated Device Technology, Inc. All other brands, product names and marks are or may be trademarks or registered trademarks used to identify products or services of their respective owners.