ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of information and analytics, today introduced IHS Engineering360 (www.engineering360.com), the world’s largest online destination for engineers. The new site offers trusted, authoritative editorial content, analysis and insights; product research and tools; an interactive community; and other critical information for engineers and technical professionals across multiple industries and disciplines.
“At IHS, we know engineers pretty well: we have been addressing their needs for detailed engineering and technical information for more than 50 years,” said Don Lesem, vice president, digital media and engineering insight for IHS. “IHS Engineering360 helps engineers keep current on rapidly changing technologies and ever-changing market needs, all from a trusted source.”
The primary components of IHS Engineering360 include:
- News and analysis: Editorial coverage that spans the engineering landscape and offers trusted and authoritative industry perspectives, analysis and insights.
- Product and supplier discovery: Product research and discovery tools powered by IHS GlobalSpec technology that give engineers and technical professionals the ability to search millions of products by specification.
- Standards: The latest information on standards from cross-industry standards development organizations, provided through IHS Standards Expert. This data simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards, helping readers mitigate risk and gain competitive advantage in the product design process.
- Reference: Gives readers access to validated engineering methods by searching from books, journals articles and IHS Knowledge Collections, including examples, programs, software and tools.
- CR4 Community: Provides access to an engaged, interactive online community of engineers and technical professionals worldwide.
IHS Engineering360 editorial covers the entire engineering landscape, with key areas of focus such as automation and control, electronics, energy and natural resources, general engineering, manufacturing, materials, network and computing and process equipment.
Directing editorial for IHS Engineering360 is David Wagman, a journalist and editor with more than 25 years of experience writing about engineering and allied professions. He is responsible for delivering news, analysis, insight and commentary across a range of platforms to a global audience of engineering professionals via IHS Engineering360. Prior to joining IHS earlier this year, Wagman was executive editor/content director at Access Intelligence. His career has focused all aspects of electric power generation, upstream oil and natural gas production and industry analytics. Wagman can be reached at David.Wagman@ihs.com.
IHS Engineering360 is the latest in a series of 360 online platforms launched by IHS. Other sites include: www.electronics360.com, www.janes360.com, www.IHSmaritime360.com, www.datasheets360.com and www.IHSairport360.com.
IHS Engineering360 launch partners include Platinum Partners, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Digi-Key Corporation, Epilog Laser and Mouser Electronics, and Gold Partners, Johns Hopkins University, National Instruments, Phillips 66 and ShockWatch.
To learn more about IHS Engineering360, visit www.engineering360.com. IHS Engineering360 enables industrial marketers to create programs that serve their marketing needs. Marketing professionals interested in sponsorship opportunities, may call 844.300.3098 or visit www.engineering360.com/advertising.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs more than 8,000 people in 31 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2014 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.