SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE), the leader in creative software, today announced plans to significantly update Adobe Creative Cloud video desktop apps and Adobe Anywhere for video. These new capabilities, coming soon, build on Adobe’s industry-leading integration across video workflows enabling video professionals to create, collaborate and deliver high quality productions across multiple screens. Key updates include powerful new media and project management tools in Adobe Premiere Pro CC; a refreshed user-interface across all Adobe video desktop apps; and more streamlined production workflows empowering video professionals to edit more efficiently.
Important new updates will also be added to Adobe Anywhere, which enables large virtual teams of talent to collaborate and efficiently shoot, log, edit, share and finish video productions together. Adobe also announced new capabilities to Adobe Primetime, the industry’s most advanced TV delivery and monetization platform for programmers and pay-TV service providers (see separate blog). Adobe is previewing these major updates at IBC 2014, Europe’s largest professional broadcast show held in Amsterdam. The company will demonstrate its new solutions at the RAI Convention (Hall 7, Stand 7.G27) Sept. 12-16 and online at www.adobe.com/go/video. Adobe professional video and broadcast tools will also be presented in more than 70 partner booths throughout the IBC exhibit.
Revealing Next Wave of Innovation for Adobe Video Desktop Apps
At IBC 2014, Adobe will showcase new video technology that streamlines video workflows for video professionals, broadcasters and media companies. Key updates include:
- Support for cutting-edge hardware and standards is accelerated via Adobe Creative Cloud, enabling the company to respond quickly to new hardware and software standards. Key updates extend native file support, with the addition of AJA RAW. Performance enhancements include accelerated Masking & Tracking; and new GPU-optimized playback that delivers better performance when viewing extremely high resolution 4K and UltraHD footage from Phantom Cine, Canon RAW and RED R3D files.
- A refreshed user-interface across all the video applications supports HiDPI displays for both Mac Retina Displays and Windows 8.1, providing a cleaner appearance enabling video professionals to stay focused on their projects.
- Powerful new media and project management features, including Consolidate & Transcode; Search Bins; and Multiproject workflows offer more ease and flexibility, at the project level, so Adobe Premiere Pro CC users can complete tasks more efficiently. Adobe Media Encoder now includes Destination publishing with preset options so users can render, deliver and share projects to multiple locations such as FTP sites and their Creative Cloud folder, automating the delivery process. Additionally, Extended Match Source support now includes added support for the QuickTime and DNxHD formats, simplifying the workflow for users who are transcoding or rendering content.
- Streamlined workflows and ongoing refinements make everyday tasks easier and faster inside Adobe CC video apps, including Timeline Views in Adobe Premiere Pro CC; Curve adjustments and Look Hover previews in Adobe SpeedGrade CC; and Rough Cut Dissolves and keyboard shortcuts for tagging in Adobe Prelude CC.
Expanding Editing Solutions for Broadcasters with Adobe Anywhere for Video
Adobe today also announced important updates planned for Adobe Anywhere, the collaborative workflow platform that empowers users of Adobe professional video solutions, such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC, to work together using centralized media and assets across standard networks. Adobe Anywhere complements Creative Cloud applications and enables deep collaboration for large organizations working with video, including broadcasters, educational institutions and government agencies. Enhanced support for Adobe After Effects CC enables visual and motion graphic artists to collaborate more effectively so they can spend more time working creatively and less time searching for missing footage and collecting files. Additionally, new options in the Adobe Anywhere app for iPad are added, so users to scrub and review video footage faster.
Bill Roberts, senior director of professional video product management,
“As the video and broadcast industries continue to rapidly evolve, so too does Adobe’s video technology. With Creative Cloud, we have accelerated the rate at which we deliver the features our customers need to create compelling new experiences and transform the video industry with high-quality productions.”
After a successful run using Premiere Pro CC to edit David Fincher's
upcoming thriller Gone Girl, two-time Academy Award winner Kirk Baxter
has made Premiere Pro the NLE of choice for his new company, EXILE.
• “I'm happy to see so many of the new features we asked Adobe for during Gone Girl in the upcoming release."
“The technical integration between EVS and Adobe benefits Premiere Pro
editors with direct access to the EVS Live Production Asset Management
platform, IPDirector and clip structure, to create highlights packages
and to play them back faster than any other workflow. The IPLink
interface, with EVS XT servers and Adobe Premiere Pro CC, was used by
HBS, the dedicated host broadcaster of this summer’s major sporting
event in Brazil. More than 35 Premiere Pro seats, linked to EVS XStore
shared storage, were used to create final edits of updates, promos and
multimedia packages. This workflow will be shown at a presentation for
key users and press, at the Adobe Stand 7.G27 at 5.00 pm on Friday,
September 12. You can register for the presentation, “Collaborative
production at the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ - Close up on the Adobe/EVS
integrated workflow” at http://www.adobecampaignassets.com/registration/IBC2014/booth/.
• Joop Janssen, CEO of EVS
“Red Bull Media House is a truly global production company in the sense
that every day we face the challenges of editing footage coming from
different countries and from a huge variety of cameras, frame rates, and
compressors. We push our editing software to the limit, so we welcome
new Adobe Premiere Pro CC features that make it easy for us to mix
different kinds of footage on our timeline and choose the best transcode
workflow to maintain the highest quality standards in our play outs.”
• Andreas (Andi) Gall, CTO, Red Bull Media House
“As we continue developing our vision of taking the entire station and
putting it in the cloud, we are looking at other Adobe solutions, such
as Adobe Anywhere for video collaboration, Adobe Primetime for live,
linear, and video-on-demand programming, and Adobe Experience Manager
for content management.”
• Bryn Balcombe, technology director, London Live
“The new features in Adobe Premiere Pro CC are amazingly beneficial to
my feature film editing workflow. The ability to open multiple projects
all at once without importing assets allows for effortless collaboration
in multiple editor projects, while Search Bins add a brand new layer of
organization and custom specificity that help me prioritize my assets. I
also love how the latest release unleashes more GPU power so I can
dominate any camera codec from 4k to RAW and beyond, natively and in
• Vashi Nedomansky, feature film editor
- Learn more on Video segment webpage: www.adobe.com/go/video
- Datasheet: Adobe.com/go/ibc2014
- IBC Announce CC Blog
- Facebook: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Twitter: Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Blog articles: Premiere blog, Prelude Blog, After Effects Blog, Audition Blog, SpeedGrade blog, Story blog, AME blog
At IBC, Adobe is previewing the next major updates to Creative Cloud professional video products and Adobe Anywhere for video. These updates are expected to ship in the coming weeks. Adobe will host MAX, The Creativity Conference, Oct. 4-8 in Los Angeles, to share even more amazing innovations coming to Creative Cloud across desktop, mobile, services and community. To be among the first to know when these and other Creative Cloud updates are available, follow us on Twitter @creativecloud or join us on Facebook.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclosure
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including those related to Adobe’s future product plans, which involve risks and uncertainties individuals should refer to Adobe’s SEC filings. Adobe does not undertake an obligation to update forward-looking statements.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere, SpeedGrade, Prelude and After Effects are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.