CARLSBAD, Calif. & SUZHOU, China--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2014, China’s largest life science partnering event, concluded last week in Suzhou, China with record attendance of 848 delegates from 425 companies, an increase of nearly 100 delegates over 2013.
Delegates from 25 countries representing senior leadership in multinational pharmaceutical and large biotech drug development companies met with innovative biotech and medical technology companies, investors, and service providers from China and around the world to forge partnerships. Many companies attended specifically to initiate cross-border partnerships with China-based developers of novel technologies.
Pharmaceutical companies who brought teams to the conference included AstraZeneca, Bayer HealthCare, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, Lilly, Novo Nordisk, and Roche. China life science companies included Beta Pharma, Eddingpharm, Hengrui, and WuXi AppTec. Attendees engaged in one-to-one partnering meetings facilitated by partneringONE®.
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is co-organized by EBD Group, the premier partnering conference firm for the life science industry, and ChinaBio® LLC, a leading consulting and advisory firm in Shanghai.
“The continued growth of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum has established it as the best—and largest— life science event in China,” said Greg B. Scott, President and Founder of ChinaBio® LLC. “By partnering with China pharmaceutical companies, Western pharmaceutical companies gain access to the second largest pharma market in the world. And, as some of our panelists noted, there is more and more world-class innovation coming out of China companies and the universities and institutes here. We have only just begun to scratch the surface of the potential in China, and look forward to what we will see in our future partnering events here.”
“China represents a major healthcare market, and cross-border partnerships are increasingly attractive to drug developers,” said Florian Schoenhammer, Group Managing Director, EBD Group. “As a long-term strategy, China’s high-growth market represents unlimited potential. We expect to see increasing interest and participation in this event by international dealmakers.”
Program speakers came from a broad range of industry executives, from leading Chinese companies and service providers to global pharma. Exclusive video coverage of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2014 panels is available at partnering360 Insight.
Details on the next edition of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum will be announced soon. The annual event attracts biotech and pharma leaders from around the world and engages delegates with one-to-one meetings, workshops and panels, exhibits, networking receptions and a gala banquet evening event. For more information, please go to www.ebdgroup.com/cbpf.
Partnering is hosted by partneringONE®, EBD Group’s sophisticated, web-based partnering system that enables event delegates to efficiently identify, meet and start partnerships with companies across the life science value chain, from large biotech and pharma companies to financiers and innovative start-ups.
About ChinaBio ® LLC:
ChinaBio® LLC is a consulting and advisory firm focused exclusively on China’s life science industry. Based in Shanghai, ChinaBio works with western companies to help them achieve success in China through partnerships. ChinaBio has identified over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and helped companies raise over $500 million in funding.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with western life science companies to implement a successful China strategy and launch their businesses and products in China.
- Capital: ChinaBio provides venture capital funding focused on bringing western life science technology and products to China.
- Conferences: ChinaBio has organized over 30 life science investment and partnering conferences in China, bringing together companies from around the world.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read newsletter on China's life science industry, with over 20,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year
Join the Life Science Partnering group on partnering360® to kick off your partnering activities before ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, and throughout the year. partnering360 is a dynamic network of life science industry experts that will enable you to continue the dialogue from your partneringONE meetings at events and identify and connect with new partners anytime, year-round. Join the vibrant community of life science companies on partnering360 today.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.