WATERBURY, Vt.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With summer around the corner, busy Americans share they will not take time off to enjoy the warmer months. In the second annual “Put the World on Ice” survey, sponsored by Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.'s (GMCR) (NASDAQ: GMCR) Brew Over Ice beverage collection for the Keurig® single cup brewing system, 85 percent of respondents said they feel summer’s pace has changed since they were kids. With 67 percent of those surveyed reporting they will not be taking more breaks to enjoy the summer months, this translates into a need to redefine summer fun.
While America’s frenetic pace seems to have become the standard no matter what the season, survey respondents do indicate a desire for change. GMCR’s Keurig® and Brew Over Ice brands, dedicated to providing consumers with a moment of joy and refreshment this summer, probed further into the nation’s attitude towards a balanced lifestyle. Other findings reveal a slow shift towards new thinking about the importance of doing less. In fact, while most agree that summer’s pace has changed, more than 75 percent would consider adding “doing nothing” to their daily to-do list this summer.
Other interesting statistics include:
- 98 percent of Americans report that balance in everyday life is either somewhat or very important.
- 65 percent of Americans are not able to make time for themselves at least once a day
- 69 percent of Americans feel that entertaining during the summer adds joy to their life
Liz Pryor, author and life advice expert, believes these results are an indication of the shifting American mindset. “People are clearly coming around to the idea of taking breaks and even ‘doing nothing’ in order to lead a healthier lifestyle,” said Pryor. She believes the overwhelming amount of dialogue, media attention and contradicting advice surrounding the nation’s “inability to switch off” has left many Americans confused. Pryor offers a few solutions that help create moments of joy and peace in the coming summer months:
- Turn off all electronic devices. For just 15 minutes a day, either when you’re alone or with someone you care about, switch off all devices to truly engage and connect. Those undistracted moments will add exponential joy to your life.
- Make a daily “For Fun” list. This can hang directly beside your to-do list. Start with your own personal list; include attainable ideas for each day, such as reading a chapter from your favorite book or going for ice cream. Get the kids involved and have them make their own lists with everything from staying up past their bedtime to watching a favorite movie to running through a sprinkler.
- Find your refresh button. What simple activity can you do to relax and recharge? Try incorporating manageable moments such as a soothing dip in the pool, a peaceful walk, or taking five minutes to enjoy a freshly brewed iced beverage. According to the Keurig® and Brew Over Ice survey, two-thirds of respondents feel that a daily iced beverage is an important pick-me-up.
- Plan to play hooky. Pick one morning, afternoon or whole day to play hooky and do whatever brings you the most joy. Give your kids one day to play hooky as well – surprise them in the morning and take an unexpected trip to the beach or stay home and go camping in the backyard.
To learn more about Brew Over Ice, visit www.BrewOverIce.com.
About Brew Over Ice
Brew Over Ice K-Cup® and Vue® packs are specifically designed to brew iced coffee, tea, and fruit brews with a Keurig® Single Cup Brewer, making it easy and convenient to get a refreshing iced beverage in the comfort of home. With Keurig®, brewing over ice is as easy as making a cup of hot coffee. Brew Over Ice K-Cup® and Vue® packs are specially blended and contain the perfect amount of coffee, tea or fruit to create a full-flavored, cool, refreshing brew at the touch of a button. Featured beverages include The Original Donut Shop™ Sweet & Creamy Iced Coffee, Snapple® iced teas, Green Mountain Naturals® Lemonade, and Vitamin Burst® fruit brews.
About Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
As a leader in specialty coffee and single serve beverages with its innovative Keurig® single cup brewing technology, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) is recognized for its award-winning coffees, Keurig® Brewing systems, and socially responsible business practices. GMCR supports local and global communities by investing in sustainably-grown coffee and allocating a portion of its pre-tax profits to socially and environmentally responsible initiatives. For more information, please visit www.GMCR.com, www.greenmountaincoffee.com, or www.keurig.com.
GMCR routinely posts information that may be of importance to investors in the Investor Relations section of its website, including news releases and its complete financial statements, as filed with the SEC. The Company encourages investors to consult this section of its website regularly for important information and news. Additionally, by subscribing to the Company’s automatic email news release delivery, individuals can receive news directly from GMCR as it is released.