CARLSBAD, Calif. & SHANGHAI & BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Forward-thinking industry executives converged upon Beijing last week for ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, China’s premier life science partnering event. Senior executives representing leading drug development and medtech companies from around the world attended the event, in search of opportunities to partner in China.
The fifth annual event, held at the Shangri-La Hotel Beijing, was attended by over 750 life science delegates from 405 companies and 22 countries who engaged in more than 1,100 one-to-one meetings facilitated by partneringONE®. Sixty-five percent of attending companies were from China.
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is co-organized by EBD Group, the premier partnering conference firm for the life science industry, and ChinaBio® LLC, a leading consulting firm in Shanghai.
“As China’s role in the global pharma market continues to increase each year, ChinaBio® Partnering Forum also grows in importance,” said Greg B. Scott, President and Founder of ChinaBio® LLC. “This year, we saw more attendees from both global pharma and China’s leading pharma and biotechs than ever before. Attendees tell us that the Partnering Forum is the best organized and most productive partnering conference in China, and when they are happy, we are happy.”
“The biopharma market in China is a growth market that has more than doubled over the last five years in terms of cross-border collaborations,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “Western drug giants and investors are eager to capitalize on the vast potential for in-licensing and distribution partnership deals available at ChinaBio® Partnering Forum. It is a dynamic environment and a high-quality research and manufacturing destination, and this is the impetus for the event.”
Multinational companies including Abbott, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen, Life Technologies, Lonza, Lundbeck, Merck, Novo Nordisk, Qiagen and Sanofi, as well as many others were well represented at the Partnering Forum. China pharma were also strongly represented by 3SBio, BeiGene, BGI, Furen, Fosun, Grand Pharma, Hengrui, Humanwell, Minhaj, Luqa, RuiYi, Reyoung, Sine, SinoPharm, SL Pharma, Tasly and many others.
The main program was focused on global partnering in China, with speakers representing the broad range of industry executives, from leading Chinese companies and service providers to global pharma. This year’s keynote, “Partnering landscape in China: Joining the global game,” was a highlight of the event, and featured executive panelists Eckhard Ottow, MD, PhD from Bayer Pharma AG; Yongkui Sun,PhD from MSD R&D (China) Co., Ltd.; Jinzi J. Wu, PhD from Ascletis, Inc.; and Steve Yang, PhD from AstraZeneca.
Other panels of high interest were “Biologics and biosimilars in China: The race is on,” “Clinical strategies in China: Smoothing a rough road” and “VC investment: The global connection.”
Video coverage of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2013 is available at www.partnering360.com/insight.
The next edition of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum will be held in Suzhou, China, May 7–8, 2014. The annual event attracts biotech and pharma leaders from around the world and engages delegates with one-to-one meetings, workshops and panels, exhibits, networking receptions and a gala banquet evening event. For more information, please go to www.ebdgroup.com/cbpf.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- Partnering for Global Impact®, a new partnering conference providing an innovative forum to partner, identify and generate social and philanthropic investment and funding opportunities
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
Additional links and information:
Follow EBD Group on Twitter: twitter.com/ebdgroup
More information is available at www.ebdgroup.com.
About ChinaBio® LLC
ChinaBio® LLC is a boutique consulting and advisory firm focused exclusively on China’s life science industry. Based in Shanghai, ChinaBio works with western companies to help them achieve success in China through partnerships. ChinaBio has identified over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and helped companies raise over $500 million in funding.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with western life science companies to implement a successful China strategy and launch their businesses and products in China.
- Advisory: ChinaBio helps western companies secure partnerships and acquisitions and access private and government funding in China.
- Conferences: ChinaBio has organized over 30 life science investment and partnering conferences in China, bringing together companies from around the world.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read newsletter on China's life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
Follow ChinaBio on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ChinaBio.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com.