PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Santa announced today he will visit all 1,269 PetSmart® (NASDAQ: PETM) stores this December, taking photos with pets both naughty and nice. For each photo purchased, PetSmart will donate $5 to participating local animal-welfare groups that save the lives of homeless pets in their communities.
The photo package includes a 4”x6” photo with a collectible holiday frame for $9.95 with a PetPerks® membership or $10.95 without. Santa Claws® Photo Events will take place the first three Saturdays and Sundays in December at PetSmart stores in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Call your local store to verify event times.
- Dec. 1 and Dec. 2: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dec. 8 and Dec. 9: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Dec. 15 and Dec. 16: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This will be PetSmart’s 25th year hosting the annual Santa Claws® Photo Events. Last year the event raised $864,165 for more than 2,700 animal-welfare groups.
With holiday shopping well under way, PetSmart has gifts for every pet – from dogs and cats to guinea pigs and iguanas – including the latest toys and apparel. In fact, PetSmart has released the Top 10 gifts for pets this holiday season that were selected by its Facebook fans.
Top 10 PetSmart Holiday Gifts for 2012
- Sunbeam® Gourmet Dog Treat Maker ($29.99) – Make your own holiday treats for your dog. Available in stores only.
- Luv-A-Pet™ by PetSmart™ Ultrasoft Microplush & Sherpa Blanket ($29.99) – When it’s cold outside, keep your pet warm with these soft throws. Ten percent of the purchase price is donated to PetSmart Charities to help save homeless pets.
- PetHoliday™ by ToyShoppe™ Plush Rudolph® the Red-Nosed Reindeer ($6.99) – Let Rudolph be your dog’s guide for holiday play.
- PetHoliday™ by ToyShoppe™ Bumble® Plush Dog Toy ($6.99) – Your dog will love this Abominable Snow Man under the tree.
- ToyShoppe™ Grinch Plush Rings ($6.99) – Tug-and-pull fun for your dog with your favorite Grinch character. Styles include Max, Grinch and Cindy Lou.
- PetHoliday™ by All Living Things™ Holiday Gingerbread Chews ($1.99) – Include your small pet in the Gingerbread making with these great chews! Available in stores only.
- Martha Stewart Pets™ Pajamas ($19.99 to $21.99) – Your pet will be picture perfect on Christmas morning in these festive pajamas.
- Martha Stewart Pets™ Holiday Intelligence Penguin Toy ($14.99) – Dogs will have hours of fun finding the penguins nestled in this plush igloo.
- The Grinch® Christmas Tree Dress ($15.99 to $17.99) – This dress will have the whole family singing around the Christmas tree.
- Top Paw™ Sock Monkey Sweater ($19.99 to $21.99) – Your dog will monkey around in this sweater.
Editor’s note: All media are welcome to enjoy photo opportunities of pets and their parents at any PetSmart location. No credentials needed. Please ask for a store manager upon arrival. For free-use photos from past events, visit: http://www.petm.com/images-and-video.cfm
PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company employs approximately 50,000 associates and operates more than 1,269 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, over 195 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information (http://www.petsmart.com). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day CampSM day care services and pet adoption services. Since 1994, PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit animal welfare organization and the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, has provided more than $165 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare organizations. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities®, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets.