Network Engineering Manager
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Network Engineering Manager
Business Wire is seeking a Network Engineering Manager to maintain and improve upon our global network.
This position will oversee the design of network architecture on a day-to-day basis, as well as the strategic selection and implementation of new and emerging technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Inspire those around you to have a forward-thinking view, including what is on the industry horizon, what is available, and what would fit or enhance business needs
- Work closely with the CTO, CISO, and other teams to plan strategic technology moves
- Lead resolution efforts for any network performance or reliability problems
- Provide structure and process around networking functions, including emphasizing proper documentation and team development
- Acquire and maintain detailed knowledge of Business Wire's corporate goals, applications, server based architecture and systems
- Perform all tasks associated with running a complex, global network, including understanding the roles of carrier networks and their offerings, peering, configuration, security and patching, feasibility studies, vendor selection, purchase, integration, diagnosis, and repair (LAN and WAN)
Required skills include:
- Expertise to architect a complete network including connectivity, scalability, availability and ease of management concerns
- Extensive experience using monitoring and diagnostic tools to resolve network performance and reliability problems
- Ability to maintain clear thinking and make sound operational decisions while under pressure
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, DNS, automatic failover, QoS, encryption methodologies, and network optimization techniques
- Expert-level knowledge of routing, switching, VoIP, and firewall technologies and software
- Flexibility to work after-hours to handle both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance needs
- Minimum of 5 years in a network engineering and/or managerial role, or equivalent relevant experience
This position requires the ability to work well independently and in a team.
This is a full-time position located in the San Francisco office, conveniently located next to the Embarcadero BART station.
We maintain a healthy work/life balance, although off-hours work and/or participating in an on-call schedule may be necessary on occasion.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. Investor relations, public relations, public policy and marketing professionals rely on Business Wire to accurately distribute market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and IR websites, build content marketing platforms, generate social engagements and provide audience analysis that improves interaction with specified target markets.
We offer an attractive salary and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental/vision/education/fitness reimbursement program, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: email@example.com
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.