Junior Software QA Automation Engineer
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Junior Software QA Automation Engineer
Business Wire, Inc. is looking for a Junior Software QA Automation Engineer who will be responsible for testing our web sites and applications using open source testing tools in a robust way that will span the diverse technologies in our enterprise. Tasks will include helping build, maintain and execute automated jobs and test scripts and working with enterprise-wide automated testing solutions. The position requires a person who is self-motivated, seeks challenging, creative work in a diverse environment, has a strong desire to learn and grow, and is a good communicator willing to reach out to others. This person must also be resourceful and creative about learning our software and business and take the initiative to become a productive member of the team. Business Wire, a 55 year old innovative and successful company, is a global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, development and maintenance of scripts using QA tools
- Development, maintenance, and execution of test scripts and test cases
- Testing and presentation of results on product quality using web collaboration tools (wiki, intranet, etc.)
- Performance of reliability, regression, usability, performance, stress, security and other types of testing as needed
- Providing actionable intelligence to developers and DBAs
- Working with software developers and DBAs to advise on the best implementation of test strategies
- Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the office as determined by the Chief Technology Officer
- 2+ years of QA experience showing increasing skill and responsibility
- 1+ years’ experience in design and development of automation tests using open-source testing frameworks, preferably using Java/Selenium Webdriver
- Knowledge of common programming, scripting languages and libraries (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, JSP, Java Swing, Servlet, EJB, SQL)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills include:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Agile tools (i.e., VersionOne, JIRA)
- Experience with Eclipse, IntelliJ or similar dev tools
- Experience with Subversion or Git SCM tools
- Experience automating Java Swing application testing
- Experience with Cucumber/Gherkin
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with load and performance testing tools
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- No sponsorship available: US citizen or Green card holder only
About Business Wire:
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the leading source of news on major U.S. corporations, including Fortune 1000 and NASDAQ companies. The company electronically distributes full-text news releases for public and investor relations professionals simultaneously to the news media, the Internet, online services and databases, and the worldwide investment community. For more information, please visit our award-winning Web site: http://www.businesswire.com.
We are conveniently located in downtown San Francisco and offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental, vision, education, fitness reimbursement programs, 401(k), and paid time off. Come join us and work for a company that has a 55-year track record of success in the news distribution industry!
Please send a cover letter and attached resume to Business Wire via e-mail with “Junior SQA Automation Engineer” in the subject line, to:
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.