Job Title: PHP Developer
This position is responsible for designing, coding, testing and supporting software for Business Wire hosted websites. The PHP Developer will work on a small development team with other engineers and UI designers in a very Agile but structured Development/QA/Production environment to create dynamic content driven web sites and components for rapid site development using PHP and Drupal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Write, debug, test, and document high-availability software for a Drupal environment
- Write, debug, test, and document high-availability software for news release processing, metrics gathering and reporting, email distribution, and other fucntionalities.
- Work closely with team to jointly develop top quality applications
- Develop functions and features in Drupal using PHP
- Perform software QA testing on applications developed by the team
- Perform on-call 7 x 24 developer support duties on a rotating basis including software deployment to QA and production environments
- Come up with ideas for improvements to web-based products and services to improve functionality, cut costs, reduce time to market, improve reliability and performance, and make our systems more flexible to business change
- Experience with PHP, Java, or C++
- Experience with MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience with Apache
- Experience building websites using server-side scripting technology
- Knowledge of, and experience with, high availability architectures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn from direct instruction and documentation
- Excellent communication skills
Send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Via E-mail: email@example.com (Word format is best)
No phone calls.
No Visa Sponsorship.
Business Wire agrees and represents that it will provide equal employment practices and the contractor and each subcontractor hereunder will ensure that in his or her employment practices persons are employed and employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, religion, ancestry , national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition