Account Executive, New Business Development
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Account Executive, New Business Development
Business Wire is currently seeking an enthusiastic, industry-savvy sales professional who is passionate about new business development to join our high-performing sales team.
As an Account Executive, New Business Development, you will be responsible for generating new revenue from new accounts, maintaining long term client relationships and representing Business Wire in various capacities. You will make a significant contribution to company growth through the generation of substantial new revenue via new client acquisition.
Our products include tools for public relations, investor relations and marketing communications professionals such as targeted press release, multimedia and content distribution platforms, online newsrooms and IR websites and enhanced measurement tools.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Generate new revenue for Business Wire through new client acquisition and upselling of Business Wire products and services to existing clients as assigned by management
- Spend a majority of time outside of office selling Business Wire products and services
- Build a sales pipeline by cultivating prospects, creating new business opportunities and managing/expanding existing customer relationships using Salesforce.com
- Create and deliver sales presentations to key decision makers in targeted accounts
- Execute successful client contract negotiations and renewals
- Meet revenue and appointment goals as set by Company and Regional Manager
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the industry, our products and services, and the competitive landscape
- Participate in professional PR and IR organizations and events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services outside of normal business hours
- Utilize approved social media channels (such as LinkedIn and Twitter) to network with prospects/clients and champion Business Wire's innovative products and services
- Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years outside sales experience required
- Experience selling within public relations, investor relations, marketing, media and/or financial markets preferred
- Proven success in managing all stages of the sales cycle including prospecting, needs analysis, presentation, proposal, negotiation and closing
- Positive track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments in a globally dispersed organization to meet clients' needs
- Professional account management and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with prospects, clients and colleagues which are based on mutual respect and integrity
- Exceptional time management skills displaying ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail
- Depending on sales territory, position may require a reliable automobile, a valid driver's license and automobile insurance coverage
We offer an attractive salary/commission plan & benefits package.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
Business Wire welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.