Network Security Engineer
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Do you want to work in a small and dynamic shop where you will work across departments to assure the security of internal and external systems of the most comprehensive news and disclosure network in the world? We offer Dot Com Work with Berkshire Hathaway Stability as well as competitive benefits, a team oriented environment, and a great financial district location near the Montgomery Street Bart Station.
Business Wire is seeking a Network Security Engineer to work in a team environment to design, implement, integrate, and maintain corporate WAN and LAN security hardware and software infrastructure components. Reporting to the Director of Information Security, the Network Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing, monitoring (when directed by management), and providing reports for various security-related IT controls to ensure compliance with, and enforcement of, identified policies and standards, internal and external security audit requirements, etc. The Network Security Engineer will also serve as the lead security resource for incident response activities and operational support issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Engineer and administer perimeter and internal network security infrastructure (firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), web proxies & network malware prevention, Network Access Control (NAC), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), etc.)
- Add, remove, consolidate, and troubleshoot firewall and web proxy rules
- Establish and troubleshoot site-to-site VPN tunnels (if/when necessary)
- Develop, test, recommend, and implement secure remote-user VPN client configurations
Regularly interface with various organizational stakeholders (e.g., Network Operations team, Systems Administration Team, Software Development teams, Middleware & Database teams, etc.) and contribute toward organizational achievement of IT and business objectives
- Serve as on-call security resource to troubleshoot operational break-fix issues (if/when necessary)
- Serve as on-call security incident response lead and interface with Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) as necessary to track, monitor, and respond to security-related events (if/when necessary) in accordance with organizational policies and IT Security Incident Response Procedures
- Perform technical and cost analysis as necessary to evaluate, select, and recommend network security technologies that reduce risk, increase visibility, and support IT and business objectives
- Author architectural documentation and change requests in accordance with organizational policies and Technology Change Management Procedures
- Serve as backup Web Application Firewall (WAF) engineer/administrator (if/when necessary)
- Integrate network security infrastructure authentication/authorization into Corporate directory services environment
- Provide performance, compliance, security violation and other reports (number of probes/penetration attempt metrics, web access reports, etc.) for network security components (if/when requested)
- Perform network traces (packet captures) and query/mine logging infrastructure to investigate and/or troubleshoot performance issues, security incidents, etc. (if/when requested)
- Implement Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) digital certificates on network security components
- Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the company as determined by the Chief Information Officer
- CISSP, CISM, Security+, or other industry standard IT security certification
- JNCIA, JNCIS, or other current Juniper Networks firewall/VPN certification
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, or other current Cisco Networks firewall/VPN certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT professional and 3 years of experience as an information security professional
- Minimum 3 years of experience with hands on engineering and administration of enterprise firewall infrastructure (Juniper, Cisco, Check Point, etc.) in an operational support role
- Minimum 2 years of experience with hands on engineering and administration of enterprise web proxy infrastructure (Websense, Blue Coat, Check Point, etc.) in an operational support role
- Hands on experience using change management, help desk, or software development bug tracking tools (e.g.: Remedy, JIRA, etc.) for submitting, routing, and approving IT system and application changes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and punctuality
Send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Subject: Network Security Engineer
Via E-mail: NSE@businesswire.com.
Initial contact will be via email. Please keep your eyes open for our email and make sure we don't get caught in your SPAM filter.
No phone calls. No recruiters. Unable to sponsor visas at this time. No relocation. No telecommuting.
Business Wire agrees and represents that it will provide equal employment practices and the contractor and each subcontractor hereunder will ensure that in his or her employment practices persons are employed and employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, religion, ancestry , national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition