Senior Software Engineer (Web)
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Web)
Business Wire, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to work in the Web Services Group. Our principal software is based on a Java/J2EE software stack, including Opentext Portal server, Weblogic Application Server, with an Oracle and MySQL relational backend.
Key benefits of the position include:
- The chance to work with a small group of talented and motivated developers in a Scrum development environment
- The opportunity to make a big impact in an area with a high degree of visibility within the company
- A prime office location in the Financial District with an underground connection to BART
- Outstanding facilities (you will have an office with a door)
- Excellent work-life balance, including a 40 hour work week
- Produce high quality software in a highly collaborative Scrum development environment
- Contribute to software and system architecture decisions as needed
- Help team evolve to find new ways to be even more effective
- Study, understand, and take ownership of large portions of existing code base.
- Provide operational development support to web support team
- Perform on-call 7 x 24 developer support duties on a rotating basis including software deployment to QA and production environments (Overtime is paid for work done outside of business hours)
- Provide accurate estimates of development time to implement business requirements for a project
- 7+ years of commercial programming experience
- Mastery of standard J2EE application stack: Servlet and JSP Programming, EJB, JPA, etc.
- Relational database experience (Oracle PL/SQL experience a plus)
- Generally a four-year college degree in a computer-related field is required; however an outstanding verifiable work history may substitute for this
- Willingness to be in the office during standard work hours
Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship for this position and will only consider who are legally able to work in the U.S. Additionally, there is no relocation assistance for non-local candidates.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: email@example.com
No phone calls.