Account Executive, Client Relationship Development
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Account Executive, Client Relationship Development
Business Wire is currently seeking an enthusiastic, industry-savvy sales professional who is passionate about cultivating long-term client relationships to join our high-performing sales team.
As an Account Executive, Client Relationship Development, you will be responsible for maintaining a large portfolio of existing accounts, identifying opportunities to introduce products and services to these accounts, as well as handling and converting incoming sales calls. You will make a significant contribution to company growth through upselling to existing clients and growing revenue within your base territory.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Generate additional revenue streams for Business Wire through upselling of Business Wire products and services to existing clients and the expansion of client rosters of existing agency accounts
- Spend a majority of time outside of office selling Business Wire products and services
- Build a sales pipeline by consulting with clients, identifying new growth opportunities and managing/expanding existing customer relationships
- Create and deliver sales presentations to key decision makers in targeted accounts
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the industry, our products and services, and the competitive landscape
- Participate in professional PR and IR organizations and events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services, sometimes outside of normal business hours
- Utilize approved social media channels (such as LinkedIn and Twitter) to network with prospects/clients and champion Business Wire’s innovative products and services
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, or international equivalent, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years outside sales experience required
- Experience selling within public relations, investor relations, marketing, media and/or financial markets preferred
- Proven success in building consultative client relationships, identifying revenue growth opportunities, educating clients on best practices and delivering client-focused solutions based on their needs
- Proven success in managing all stages of the sales cycle including prospecting, needs analysis, presentation, proposal, negotiation and closing
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Exceptional time management skills displaying ability to manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive level
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com or similar CRM system
- Depending on sales territory, position may require a reliable car, a valid driver’s license and appropriate vehicle insurance coverage
We offer an attractive salary/commission plan and benefits package
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: email@example.com
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon a background check and upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.