Web Operations Specialist
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Web Operations Specialist
Shift: 3:30 pm to midnight
- Job will occasionally require overtime before or after regular shift
- Job will occasionally require switching shifts in order to cover for co-workers
- Weekend on-call hours are required on a rotating basis – on-call means within reach of home/computer within 10 minutes of being paged
Fabulous position with lots of mentoring! Now is the time to leverage your technical education and customer service savvy in a team-oriented environment. We offer stability, growth opportunities, outstanding benefits, and opportunities for additional compensation via overtime or on-call shifts. Business Wire is located in the financial district of San Francisco, half a block from the Embarcadero BART/MUNI Metro station.
The Web Operations Specialist is responsible for providing outstanding web support and services to internal and external Business Wire users of our Web Services via email and phone. The Web Operations Specialist will work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of Business Wire websites. This will include tasks such as creating new webpages based on a customer’s pre-existing web content, executing scripts on Linux servers and updating time sensitive information in the Content Management System.
Please note – This is not a Web Developer position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post, maintain and modify content on businesswire.com and Investor sites(HQ)
- Plan, design, develop and maintain site design templates on websites hosted by Business Wire using the Drupal open source content management system (CMS) and Vignette Application Portal.
- Develop, maintain and enforce Business Wire site(s) style guide and other user interface standards.
Respond to Technical Support Requests via email and phone in a timely manner
- Assist internal and external clients with questions relating to website services
- Diagnose problems
- Document issues in incident tracking database
- Act as escalation channel to development
- Report bugs to development
- Assist development with QA activities
- Create and maintain knowledgebase documents
- Create and modify CSS and HTML documents as needed
- Create scripts and programs to automate support activities
- Document policies and procedures
- Mentor other Web Operations Specialists
- Participate in on-call, weekend pager rotation for support duties
- Other duties (projects, etc.)may be periodically assigned
Teamwork is essential. Support is provided 24/7 (weekends are done on-call) by a team of 6 Web Operations Specialists. Work is often transferred between shifts, so the ability to communicate and work jointly with other team members on technical issues and assignments for round-the-clock service is required.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users
- Demonstrate proficiency with XML, CSS, and CMS systems
- Working knowledge of basic Web graphics/design (using PhotoShop or Fireworks to edit/create basic graphics)
- Must be able to convert a site-design or .psd file into a Web page
- Experience with Linux command line
- Outstanding ownership and follow through
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient in using ticket tracking software – JIRA and Service Desk
- Proficient in Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Strong understanding of major web browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome)
- Experience with WIKI’s or company intranets (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint)
- Vignette portal software (CMS)
- Knowledge of source code repositories (e.g. SVN/CVS/GIT)
- Develop and execute test scripts
- Experience with using a large content-publishing system to develop/maintain extensive amounts of content, specifically with Drupal CMS or Vignette Portal Software
- Detailed knowledge and experience with webcasting applications
Please Note: This is not a Web Developer position, but you must have an understanding of how websites are built and work.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
To apply, please send a resume (in Word format) and cover letter to:
Subject: Web Operations Specialist
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.