Web Creative Engineer
The Web Creative Engineer is responsible for creating and implementing creative user interfaces and content as well as providing outstanding web support and services to internal and external Business Wire users. With only general guidance, the person in this role will be able to create mock-ups and prototypes and implement content for Business Wire's multilingual websites and sites that Business Wire hosts for our clients. The person in this role will also work with other Web Creative Engineers and Web Operations Staff in the areas of website look-and-feel and design standards for the successful operation of Business Wire hosted websites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop, maintain, and enforce Business Wire site(s) style guide and other user interface standards.
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain site design templates on websites hosted by Business Wire using the Drupal open source content management system (CMS).
- Diagnose problems and document changes for the Drupal CMS.
- Create style sheets for use by third-party sites.
- Implement site designs in test and production environments for Business Wire sites and for sites hosted by Business Wire for clients.
- Provide guidance and training to web support staff on content and UI issues and back them up for critical production site edits.
- Act as liaison to client web contacts, outside design firms and Business Wire marketing department.
- Lead the creative activities of Web Operations Specialists.
- Work closely with Senior Web Creative Engineer on creating and enforcing web site design standards.
- Assist internal and external clients with questions relating to website services in area of expertise.
- Act as escalation channel to development and other teams.
- Knowledge of best practices for user interface design.
- Expert ability with Adobe CS
- Proven proficiency with XHTML and CSS - independent of any particular authoring software - including testing/debugging on different browsers and operating systems and exhibiting keen ownership and follow through.
- Familiarity with web standards and other best practices for (X)HTML and CSS.
- Experience theming Drupal or similar CMS.
- Working knowledge of basic Web graphics/design (using PhotoShop or Fireworks to edit/create basic graphics) required. Must be able to convert a site-design or .psd file into a Web page.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people and explain technical information to non-technical users
- Bachelor's degree in web design (or equivalent work experience) and at least 3 years experience.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: WCE@businesswire.com
No phone calls.
No relocation packages.
Unable to sponsor visas at this time.