Media Relations Specialist
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Media Relations Specialist
Work Schedule (days/hours of position): This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday/8:30 AM – 5:30PM. Office hours and shifts may vary. [Occasional overtime and/or on-call hours may be required.]
PLEASE NOTE: The designated hours of this position are not guaranteed and can be subject to change in the future.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities or change the content of the job description at any time for any reason.
Business Wire is seeking a Media Relations Specialist to join our Media Relations team and help expand our network by ensuring the media have access to the news of Business Wire’s clients. This is a position that requires a person who can handle a variety of challenging duties in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will be responsible for media relations and media services primarily within the US region. This position reports to the U.S. Media Relations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned)
Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and punctuality
Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the office as
determined by the local or regional manager
Identify media and trade websites as candidates for licensing of Business Wire content and perform outreach/follow-up to secure licensing agreements
- Grow and maintain relationship with members of the media
- Plan and execute media seminars/events in coordination with Business Wire sales staff
Actively increase the number of media who access Business Wire news in the U.S. by developing and delivering
strategic and effective media pitches
- Maintain active presence on social media platforms
- Leverage social media platforms to gain new media contacts
- Generate content for the company blog, newsletter and intranet
- Maintain Business Wire’s media database
- Active engagement in local media and public relations organizations
Sitting at a computer for extended periods of time
- Repetitive motions needed for typing and mousing
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Established contacts with local, regional, national and trade media
- Sound internet research abilities
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously and complete work on deadline
- Willingness to travel (within United States)
- Proficient in basic software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to a variety of audiences
The ideal candidate will be proactive, tech savvy and an assertive team player who is adept at juggling multiple projects in a demanding environment. One to five years of experience with media relations, public relations or journalism is preferred. Familiarity with social media outreach, event planning, marketing and database management is a plus. A college degree is strongly preferred.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: email@example.com
Subject: Media Relations Specialist Openings
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.