Senior Software Development Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Software Development Project Manager
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, the global market leader in commercial news distribution is seeking a talented Senior Software Development Project Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the success of their assigned project goals and objectives. This position will work closely with Engineering, QA, and the Product Strategy teams to ensure all expectations are met and exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage complex software development, architecture, and integration projects in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives
- Function as Iteration Manager (Agile) and direct daily activities for project team
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to time, budget, scope and quality
- Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Develop and manage project plans according to a structured SCRUM agile project management process.
- Support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Work in an informal, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or related discipline with IT focus or equivalent work experience.
- Scrum master and/or training in agile software development and project management highly desired.
- Minimum five (5) years of Project Management experience working on technical, application development, or business improvement projects.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing projects in an agile development environment.
- Full project lifecycle experience.
- Experience with implementation of business process redesign or the implementation of business changes within an organization.
- Proven ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to understand technical issues and translate for a non-technical audience and vice versa
- Understanding of one or more agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, DSDM, Crystal, Lean, etc. Agile certification preferred.
- Knowledge of standard project management procedures. The desired candidate requires strength in engineering and an outstanding ability to coordinate resources and manage both system and business process implementation.
Send a resume and cover letter (word format, preferable) to:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Subject: Senior Software Development Project Manager
No phone calls.
Business Wire agrees and represents that it will provide equal employment practices and the contractor and each subcontractor hereunder will ensure that in his or her employment practices persons are employed and employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, religion, ancestry , national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition