Credit and Collections Associate
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Credit and Collections Associate
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Summary of Position:
This position reports to the Accounts Receivable Department and is responsible for contacting external clients with delinquent payment histories and partnering with internal clients to ensure Business Wire is paid for service rendered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Identify clients with delinquent payment histories for assigned offices and solicit payment of charges that exceed payment terms.
- Consistently monitor status of delinquent and high-risk accounts. Proactively intervene by recommending credit limits restrictions, change in payment terms, etc., as needed.
- Partner and communicate effectively with internal clients including Account Executives, newsroom operations, and senior management to ensure that Business Wire is paid for services rendered
- Provide clients with receivables information via phone, fax, and email. Information should include: invoice information, payment information, and detailed reconciliations of accounts when appropriate.
- Negotiate payment plans and extended payment terms for clients as appropriate.
- "Finalize" accounts deemed un-collectable via internal Collections by (1) identifying eligible accounts, (2) compiling referral packets with copies of invoices, final demand letter, contact information, etc. and (3) deferring to external Collections.
- Escalate issues and concerns to supervisor and manager as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed operational standards and deadlines.
- Partner with immediate team members in completing daily tasks.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and punctuality
- Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the office as determined by the local or regional manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level of computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail- and numbers-oriented
- Good judgment, excellent negotiation skills, and ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a team environment
- Exhibit overall professionalism, including but not limited to, appearance, dress, and demeanor
- Dependable follow through with a sense of urgency
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to change
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.