Credit and Collections Associate
Job Title: Credit and Collections Associate
The Credit and Collections Associate is responsible for contacting external clients with delinquent payment histories and partnering with internal clients to ensure receipt of payment for services rendered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Identify clients with delinquent payment histories for assigned offices and solicit payment of charges that exceed payment terms.
- Consistently monitor status of delinquent and high-risk accounts. Proactively intervene by recommending credit limits restrictions, change in payment terms, etc., as needed.
- Partner and communicate effectively with internal clients including Account Executives, newsroom operations, and senior management to ensure that Business Wire is paid for services rendered.
- Provide clients with receivables information via phone, fax, and email. Information should include: invoice information, payment information, and detailed reconciliations of accounts when appropriate.
- Negotiate payment plans and extended payment terms for clients as appropriate.
- "Finalize" accounts deemed un-collectable via internal Collections by (1) identifying eligible accounts, (2) compiling referral packets with copies of invoices, final demand letter, contact information, etc. and (3) deferring to external Collections.
- Escalate issues and concerns to supervisor and manager as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed operational standards and deadlines.
- Partner with immediate team members in completing daily tasks.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level of computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail- and numbers-oriented
- Good judgment, excellent negotiation skills, and ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a team environment
- Exhibit overall professionalism, including but not limited to, appearance, dress, and demeanor
- Dependable follow through with a sense of urgency
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to change
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Via Email: email@example.com
No phone calls.