FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(www.kingston.com/flash/wi_drive.asp). Wi-Drive, a wireless, portable storage solution, allows users to expand the number of documents, images, music and video files they can access from Apple devices. The combination of this storage expansion, file sharing and a rugged portable form factor makes it a perfect companion device.)--Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the sleek and functional Wi-DriveTM, built to address the ever-increasing storage needs of Apple iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® users (
“Wi-Drive allows Apple device owners to wirelessly manage document and media files, and choose to share them with others, while on the go for work or pleasure. This unique functionality, combined with the durability of a Flash-based device, will satisfy both casual users and the most discerning technophiles.”
Wi-Drive, along with its app from the App StoreSM, allows users to stream videos, access music or share files with other Apple device owners. The distinctively designed, pocket-sized Wi-Drive utilizes Flash-based technology to store data from USB-compatible PCs. These files are then easily retrieved via Wi-Drive’s built-in wireless signal without requiring cables or an Internet connection. Three users can work simultaneously with different file types from a single Wi-Drive without any performance disruption.
“Wi-Drive is an ideal solution for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users who feel confined by their current storage capacity,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. “Wi-Drive allows Apple device owners to wirelessly manage document and media files, and choose to share them with others, while on the go for work or pleasure. This unique functionality, combined with the durability of a Flash-based device, will satisfy both casual users and the most discerning technophiles.”
To begin using Wi-Drive with any of the compatible Apple products, users simply drag and drop files from their PC to Wi-Drive via USB cable, similar to a typical USB Flash drive data transfer. Users then download the Wi-Drive application from the App Store before connecting the Wi-Drive to their device. A video with a demonstration of the solution is also available here: www.kingston.com/flash/wi_drive.asp
Kingston offers Wi-Drive in both 16GB and 32GB sizes and the product will be available for purchase in late June 2011.
Kingston Wi-Drive Features and Specifications:
- Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 121.5mm x 61.8mm x 9.8mm
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature: 14°F to 185°F (-10°C to 70°C)
- Wireless Network Interface: Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security (WPA/WEP)
- Rechargeable Battery: up to four hours of continuous use
- Cable: Mini-USB to USB cable included. User can upload files and content from their PC/Mac to the Wi-Drive using the USB cable
- Portable: Uses Flash-based technology for durability and reliability
- Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Simple: just plug into a USB port
- Guaranteed: one-year warranty
- App: downloadable at Apple’s App Store
- Compatible with: iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod touch (3G is limited to iOS 4.2.1+)
- Configurable APN (access point name) and Key functions to connect to Wireless Access Point (Internet Connection)
- Supported File Formats:
- Audio: AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video: m4v, mp4, mov, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), AVI
- Image: jpg, bmp, tiff
- Document: pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
|Part Number||Capacity and Features||MSRP (U.S. Only)|
|WID/16GZ||Wi-Drive 16GB||$ 129.99|
|WID/32GZ||Wi-Drive 32GB||$ 174.99|
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. ("KDI") is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world's largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.
Editor's Note: For additional information, evaluation units or executive interviews, please contact David Leong, Kingston Digital, Inc. 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, Calif. 92708, 714-438-1817 (Voice). Press images can be found in Kingston's press room at www.kingston.com/press/default.asp
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.
Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6743948&lang=en