- How much does it cost to become a member?
Business Wire does not charge a membership fee. To get started using Business Wire for press release distribution, simply fill out a membership form and submit it to your nearest bureau. All accounts are subject to verification and approval.
- What are the benefits of being a Business Wire member?
Using Business Wire for your press release distribution includes many benefits, among them:
- Consult the experienced editorial and client services staff in our 30 U.S. and international offices.
- Attend Business Wire local and regional educational and networking events.
- Take advantage of our free webinars on current PR, IR and SEO topics.
- U.S.-listed public companies can fulfill their SOX corporate governance requirements with a free, turnkey corporate governance website.
- Create a custom news feed via email or RSS to receive breaking news from Business Wire.
- Include a custom corporate profile with basic facts about your organization, its officers, financials and other information, linked from each of your press releases at BusinessWire.com.
- Submit your orders and manage your account through our secure Business Wire Connect online system.
- Include your full color, hyperlinked logo for free on all of your releases submitted via Business Wire Connect.
- Store your photos and logos in your multimedia library in Business Wire Connect.
- Complete the "At A Glance” box with key company statistics that will appear with each release.
- Choose from more than 500 circuits, from local to global, including print, broadcast, online, search engines and blogs, with free industry trades available with most news wire circuits.
- Add embedded hyperlinks, bold and italics, and other XHTML formatting features to your releases at no additional charge.
- Free AP PhotoExpress distribution to U.S. newspapers with purchase of a Smart News Release.
- Free NewsTrak measurement reports with valuable audience information and links to your release on key news sites.
- Use our Press Release Builder tool to analyze and place keywords throughout your release.
- Business Wire releases include social media links allowing readers to easily print, email, save and share your news.
- BusinessWire.com hosts and archives your press releases for two years, enhancing the SEO of your news.
- Permalink assigned to all Business Wire releases, making it easy to find and share your news.
- How much will it cost to distribute my press release?
The cost of each press release is based on its length and the circuit to which you send it. Each of our geographic circuits is priced based on a 400-word press release, with an additional cost for each additional 100 words. Our newsrooms can provide you with an estimated cost for each press release that you distribute.
- Where does my press release go?
Each Business Wire geographic circuit includes distribution to a variety of print and broadcast media in the city, state, region or country you choose. In addition, every circuit includes, at no additional charge, distribution to:
- Online news sites, databases, portals, search engines and geography- and industry-specific websites.
- Your choice of more than 200 industry trade media categories, both print and online.
- Financial information systems, analysts and investors.
For detailed media lists for all of our circuits, please visit the Distribution Lists.
- Do you send to a particular publication?
If you’re interested in reaching a specific publication, you can use the Search Media function. It allows you to search by media name or by city, and see a list of all circuits which include that media outlet. If you can’t find a publication, you can contact our Media Relations Team to inquire about having it added.
- Do you offer press release writing services?
Unfortunately Business Wire does not offer writing services. However, our experienced editors will look closely at your press release, both to check for errors and to make suggestions on how to improve your release and/or your distribution options. We have the most experienced staff and most accurate newsrooms in the business, with a fraction of the error rate of our competitors. For added advice on press release writing tips, visit the BusinessWired blog. Our Press Release Builder also assists you with writing your release, offering guidance in creating a well-structured press release, giving you recommendations from the headline to the contact information, and providing free keyword analysis and placement to create a search engine optimized press release.
- Do you do media calls?
Business Wire does not do media calls on your behalf after distributing your press release. We do provide you with NewsTrak reports, which include a detailed list of the media that received your press release, links to postings on websites, online viewership data, referring URLs and other information that aid you in monitoring the success of your campaign.
- Do you submit my press release to Facebook/Digg/other social media sites?
Best practices in social media recommend against wire services or vendors posting press releases to social media outlets. It’s considered spamming, and can quickly get you booted from those sites. Business Wire does automatically tweet all its headlines via a number of industry-specific Twitter feeds, but there are strategies you can undertake to give your news more visibility in those outlets, including:
- Creating your own Facebook brand page and linking to your press releases from it.
- Tweet your press releases to your followers via your corporate Twitter feed or a dedicated handle.
- Encourage readers and consumers to share your press release with social media sharing icons on every press release posted at BusinessWire.com.
Your account executive can recommend additional strategies for you; or you can listen to one of our archived Web 2.0 webinars for more advice.
- How do I send my press release to you?
Once your account is approved, you’ll be able to upload your press releases via Business Wire Connect, our password-protected online order system. Business Wire Connect lets you schedule releases in advance, save frequently used distributions for fast ordering, store logos, photos and other multimedia, and includes many other time-saving features.