Keep Cozy this Fall with Seasonal Picks from CraftBeer.com
Crisp Autumn Weather Yields Flavorful, Full-bodied Offerings from America’s Small and Independent Brewers
BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Signaling the start of fall, the leaves will soon turn rich shades of red, gold and amber—the same colors as the wide array of craft beers produced by the country’s small and independent brewers this season. Just in time for fall festivities, CraftBeer.com—the Brewers Association (BA) website for beer lovers—has curated a list of these choice seasonal beers from their brewery members.
“Fall is one of the seasons craft brewers love best thanks to its rich and varied crops and seasonal spices”
“Fall is one of the seasons craft brewers love best thanks to its rich and varied crops and seasonal spices,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and Brewers Association craft beer program director. “Small and independent brewers utilize autumn’s selection of ingredients to create full-bodied beers with flavor profiles to fit the more brisk fall weather.”
Looking at annual data, seasonal beers peak in interest and sales every October thanks to a signature fall flavor: pumpkin. Pumpkin beer is the undisputed heavyweight champion of the seasonal world—Google searches for “pumpkin beer” alone triumph over Google searches for all four seasonals (“winter beer” + “spring beer” + “summer beer” + “fall beer”). Last year, pumpkin beers lead a surge in seasonal sales, turning an estimated 125,000 lag in case sales into a 300,000 case surplus that briefly put seasonals back at the front of the craft beer pack, ahead of the ever popular India pale ale.
Make it a crisp, crackling fall with some of these pumpkin beers and other tasty seasonal offerings from U.S. craft brewers:
- Ale Syndicate Brewers | Richie Imperial Porter | Chicago, IL
- Bear Republic Brewing Company, Inc. | Racer X® | Sonoma County, CA
- Big Bay Brewing Company | Üfer Oktoberfest Lager | Shorewood, WI
- Brewery Ommegang | Scythe & Sickle | Cooperstown, NY
- DESTIHL Brewery | Samhain Pumpkin Porter | Bloomington, IL
- Dust Bowl Brewing Co. | Black Blizzard | Turlock, CA
- Evil Genius Beer Company | Trick or Treat | West Grove, PA
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. | Oaktoberfest | Paso Robles, CA
- Flat 12 Bierwerks | Flat Jack Pumpkin | Indianapolis, IN
- Florida Beer Company | Gourd Shorts | Cape Canaveral, FL
- Indeed Brewing Company | Sweet Yamma Jamma Sweet Potato | Minneapolis, MN
- Ithaca Beer Co. | Embrr Rye Porter | Ithaca, NY
- Nebraska Brewing Company | Wick for Brains Pumpkin Ale | La Vista, NE
See CraftBeer.com's “Fall Seasonals: 55 Craft Beer Releases” for a complete list of the BA’s seasonal craft beer selections and descriptions. To round out your autumn craft beer experience, consider a tour of your local independent brewery.
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup®, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today's craft brewers and homebrewers.
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status. The BA complies with provisions of Executive Order 11246 and the rules, regulations, and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.