HID Global Adds High Frequency NFC Tags for Outdoor Environments to SlimFlex Portfolio of RFID Transponders
- New SlimFlex Tags are readable with ISO/IEC 15693 compatible Near Field Communications (NFC) and other high frequency (HF) RFID devices.
- Unique SlimFlex housings tolerate repeated bending and withstand rugged outdoor use.
- The pliable, durable SlimFlex Tag transponders are available in HF and ultra high frequency (UHF) options.
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions, today announced that its Identification Technologies division has added Near Field Communication (NFC)-readable tags to its rapidly expanding SlimFlex™ Tag portfolio of pliable, high- durability tags. The SlimFlex Tag family has gained wide acceptance in UHF RFID applications due to the tags’ flexible yet robust thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) housings. Today, high frequency (HF) systems can also take advantage of the tags’ resistance to repeated bending, torsion and harsh elements.
“The original SlimFlex Tags continue to expand the potential for enhanced logistics speed and accuracy, using UHF RFID technology”
“The original SlimFlex Tags continue to expand the potential for enhanced logistics speed and accuracy, using UHF RFID technology,” said Richard Aufreiter, director of product management, Identification Technologies with HID Global. “We are excited by the possibilities that the new versatile, durable HF SlimFlex tags bring to customers who are integrating NFC and industrial high frequency tags into their systems.”
The latest tags in the SlimFlex Tag family can be read and written to with ISO/IEC 15693 interoperable NFC devices and other HF (13.56 MHz) RFID systems.
Additional Details for New SlimFlex Tags:
- SlimFlex Tag 200 HF – A bendable 3.3 × 1.0 × 0.1 in (83 × 25 × 3 mm) tag in a high-visibility yellow color that mounts flush, even to irregular or cylindrical surfaces, with industrial glues, screws or standard cable ties.
- SlimFlex Seal Tag HF – A similar high-visibility rectangular housing, with a convenient cable tie securely integrated into the unit. Ideal for sealing industrial containers – bags, bins or boxes – preventing unauthorized access to contents while in storage or during distribution.
All SlimFlex Tags, including the new HF tags, are waterproof and food compatible. The tags withstand rugged use, providing high resistance to aggressive liquids and UV rays, and stability at high and sub-freezing temperatures. SlimFlex tags tolerate repeated bending or torsion, while maintaining excellent performance characteristics.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
®HID, HID logo and SlimFlex Tag are trademarks or registered trademarks of HID Global Corp in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks, service marks, and product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.