Research and Markets: Tail Risk Hedging: Theory and Practice
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/prqd7x/tail_risk) has announced the addition of the "Tail Risk Hedging: Theory and Practice" book to their offering.
Since the global financial crisis, investors have been faced with the difficult question of how to generate returns in a more uncertain and volatile environment while controlling the potential downside. Traditional risk control methods such as diversification have been shown to have limits and as a result tail risk hedging has emerged as one possible answer, with several investment managers reporting the tail risk hedging business to be their fastest area of asset growth in the wake of the crisis.
This is the first ever edited volume on tail risk hedging, which can serve as a primer and an authoritative guide for institutional investors. Edited by leading experts in the area Andrew Rozanov and Ryan McRandal, based at Permal and Peters Capital Group respectively, the book brings together a representative cross-section of views from practitioners who are active in the space.
Key Topics Covered:
1. An Introduction to Tail Risk Hedging
2. Tail Risk Hedging: An Investment Consultant's Perspective
3. Strategic Tail Risk Management: A Pension Fund's Perspective
4. An Asset Allocator's Approach to Tail Risk Hedging
5. Dealing with Wrong-way Risk: A University Endowment's Perspective
6. A Multi-Strategy Approach to Tail Risk Hedging
7. A Discretionary Approach to Tail Risk Hedging
8. Insuring Against Hidden Financial Catastrophe Risk
9. Benchmarking Convexity: Towards a Holistic Approach
10. Using Equity Options and Volatility to Manage Tail Risk
11. A Systematic Approach to Tail Risk Hedging
12. Tail Risk Hedging Using Convertibles
13. Sourcing Convexity in Asian Markets
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/prqd7x/tail_risk