Research and Markets: The Resin Review - 2014
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8s5mng/the_resin_review) has announced the addition of the "The Resin Review - 2014" report to their offering.
The Resin Review is an authoritative resource for comprehensive statistical measurements of the North American plastic resins industry. The 2014 edition contains detailed resin data tables from 2003-2013 on Domestic Production, Sales and Captive (internal) Use by End-use Application, Sales Distribution by Major Market, Industry Capacities, and Capacity Utilization Rates.
Sales data are segmented into various end-use markets from 2009-2013 for major thermoplastic resins. A table with historical data on U.S. plastics production and sales tracks the trend from 1973 to 2013.
The nearly 90-page reference manual also lists reporting producers for each resin, explains the basics of polymer chemistry and manufacturing processes, details the history of plastics development and modern-day applications, provides a glossary of plastics terms, and lists additional sources of plastics industry information. The Resin Review is compiled annually from data collected by ACC's Plastics Industry Producers' Statistics Group and other sources.
Data on the following resins only: Polyethylene (LDPE/LLDPE/HDPE), Polypropylene, PVC, Polystyrene, Epoxy, Isocyanates, Polyether Polyols, and SB Latex.
Key Topics Covered:
I. About Us
II. 2013 Year in Review
- Resins Industry Strengthens in 2013
III. Industry Statistics Summaries
- Trend of Sales and Captive Use for Major Plastic Resins Graph, 2008-2013
- Total Production and Sales & Captive Use, 1973-2013
- 2013 Percentage Distribution of Plastic Resins Sales & Captive Use by Material Graph
- Total Production and Sales & Captive Use by Resin, 2004-2013
IV. 2013 Statistics by Resin and by Markets
- Thermoset Resins
- Thermoplastic Resins
- Thermoplastic Domestic Sales and Use by Process Grade
- 2013 Percentage Distribution of Thermoplastic Resins by Major Market
- Thermoplastic Resin Sales by Major Market, 2009-2013
- 2013 Distribution of Plastic Resins Sales & Captive Use
V. Plastics: Polymer History, Chemistry and Applications
- History of Plastics
- The Basics of Polymer Chemistry
- How Plastics Are Made
- Monomer Flow Charts (ethylene, propylene, benzene, methanol)
- Resin Pellet Life Cycle
- The Many Uses of Plastics
- Resin Identification Codes for Recycling
VI. Glossary of Terms
VII. Additional Sources of Information
- Economics & Statistics Publications
- Trade Associations and Professional Organizations
- Industry Consultants and Publishers
- Trade Publications
- Government Publications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8s5mng/the_resin_review