Research and Markets: Care Homes Market Report 2014
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6lwmjv/care_homes_market) has announced the addition of the "Care Homes Market Report 2014" report to their offering.
This Market Report analyses the market for the long-term care of the elderly in the UK.
Care homes can be broadly divided into two categories based on the levels of care they are registered to provide. A care home for older people may be registered to provide residential care (sometimes also referred to as personal care) or nursing care only; there are also dual-registered homes which offer both residential care and nursing care for the elderly.
The UK long-term elderly care market has witnessed robust growth over the past 20 years, driven primarily by the UK's ageing population. The long-term elderly care market is dominated by the private sector, which accounted for 88.7% of the market's total value in 2013. Within the private sector, private providers made up 83.4% of all private-sector revenue in 2013, with the remaining 16.6% accounted for by voluntary providers. Total revenue generated by the private sector (including private and voluntary) increased year-on-year between 2009 and 2013, representing growth of 16% over the review period.
Long-term care for the elderly and disabled people provided by the public sector has been declining year-on-year as contracts for private-sector care provision have increased.
Key Topics Covered:
THE TOTAL MARKET
NUMBER OF COMPANIES
REGIONAL VARIATIONS IN THE MARKETPLACE
HOW ROBUST IS THE MARKET?
KEY TRADE ASSOCIATIONS
- Anchor Trust
- Avondale Care (Scotland) Ltd
- Balhousie Holdings Ltd
- Barchester Healthcare Ltd
- Bupa Care Homes (Cfg) Plc
- Care Uk Ltd
- Countrywide Care Homes Ltd
- Four Seasons Health Care Ltd
- Hallmark Care Homes Group Holdings Ltd
- Hc-One Ltd
- Ideal Carehomes Ltd
- Maria Mallaband Care Group Ltd
- Methodist Homes
- Minster Care Management Ltd
- Northcare (Scotland) Ltd
- The Orders Of St John Care Trust
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6lwmjv/care_homes_market